Hyd y Cwrs nodweddiadol
The MSc in International Finance provides a superb opportunity for you to gain expert knowledge of the forces that shape and move the global economy. You will study financial markets, investments, corporate finance, and international finance, as well as portfolio management, and banking and capital markets.
As a student on the MSc in International Finance, you will gain a thorough understanding of international financial markets, financial institutions, and financial instruments. You will study equity instruments, bonds and other fixed-income instruments, derivatives, and risk management. In corporate finance, you will build an in-depth understanding of the financing options available to companies and their tax implications, the choice of a company’s capital structure, evaluation of the company’s cost of capital and its relevance to investment decisions, measurement and evaluation of financial performance, and dividend policy.
In the area of international capital markets, you will study foreign exchange markets, and you will develop an understanding of the complex factors affecting the movement of capital in a globalized world. To underpin your study of financial instruments and financial markets, you will be encouraged to develop an independent capability to design and estimate appropriate models for the analysis of financial data.
- Financial strategy;
- Actuarial profession;
- Corporate banking;
- Investment analysis;
- Financial trading;
- Retail banking.
- Understanding organisational behaviour and structure;
- Improved numeracy skills and the ability to research, interpret and use business and financial data;
- Deep understanding of the causes and effects of economic and other external changes;
- The ability to communicate clearly written and spoken;
- Effective problem solving;
- Analytical and creative thinking skills;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Time-management and organisational skills;
- Self-motivation and self-reliance.
Addysg a Dysgu
You will be taught by expert academic staff across lectures, tutorials and seminars. In addition to individual essays and written exams in some modules, students are assessed on other activities that require report-writing, presentation and research skills.
- International Financial Markets and Investments
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Research Methods
- Financial Analysis and Decision Making
- International Finance and Capital Markets
- Banking and Financial Intermediation OR Portfolio Analysis and Management
A final dissertation will also need to be submitted for completion.