Hyd y Cwrs nodweddiadol
The MSc in Management and Finance is designed for participants who want to carry a sound grasp of business finance into a career in management. You will study management theories and methods in depth, and you will gain a strong academic and practical understanding of individual and organisational behaviour. You will develop a sound and sophisticated grasp of all aspects of business finance, to provide a solid foundation for a future professional career in financial management or in the financial sector.
As a student on the MSc in Management and Finance, you will study international strategy and operations management including the international supply chain: an increasingly important aspect of business opportunities worldwide. The programme also includes coverage of human resource management and organisational behaviour.
In recent times, the terms on which businesses can access credit and finance have become more stringent and more difficult to predict. It is crucial for business managers and entrepreneurs to develop a sound and sophisticated grasp of all aspects of business finance. In corporate finance, you will build an in-depth understanding of the financing options available to companies and their tax implications, the choice of a company’s capital structure, evaluation of the company’s cost of capital and its relevance to investment decisions, measurement and evaluation of financial performance, and dividend policy. You will also study equity instruments, bonds and other fixed-income instruments, derivatives, and risk management.
- Chartered Accountant;
- Chartered Certified Accountant;
- Chartered Management Accountant;
- Chartered Public Finance accountant;
- Investment Analysis;
- Financial Risk Analyst;
- Civil Service;
- Diplomatic Service;
- Local Government.
- Understanding organisational behaviour and structure;
- Improved numeracy skills and the ability to research, interpret and use business and financial data;
- Deep understanding of the causes and effects of economic and other external changes;
- The ability to communicate clearly written and spoken;
- Effective problem solving;
- Analytical and creative thinking skills;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Time-management and organisational skills;
- Self-motivation and self-reliance.
Addysg a Dysgu
You will be taught by expert academic staff across lectures, tutorials and seminars. In addition to individual essays and written exams in some modules, students are assessed on other activities that require report-writing, presentation and research skills.
- International Financial Markets and Investments
- Corporate Finance
- People and Organisations
- Financial Analysis and Decision Making
- International Business Environment
- International Strategy and Operations
A final dissertation will also need to be submitted for completion.