Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
Hyd y Cwrs
This multi-accredited BSc Accounting and Finance degree offers you the chance to unlock and develop your technical knowledge, skills and expertise, while gaining professional recognition from the world’s leading accountancy bodies such as the ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, CIPFA, CII, ICSA. Topics covered include financial reporting, management accounting, corporate finance, taxation, audit and computerised accounting systems. This is the perfect degree if you are interested in pursuing a role within the Accountancy and/or Finance sector.
Bodlonrwydd Myfyrwyr Cyffredinol a Chanlyniadau Cyflogadwyedd
Ymhlith y 10 uchaf yn y DU am Ansawdd y Dysgu ym maes Astudiaethau Rheolaeth a Busnes (Canllaw Prifysgolion Da y 'Times' a'r 'Sunday Times' 2019).
Yr Ysgol Fusnes Aberystwyth: 91% boddhad myfyrwyr (ACF 2018)
97% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 3% yn uwch na graddedigion Astudiaethau Busnes a Gweinyddu yn genedlaethol. (HESA 2018*)
Why study Accounting and Finance at Aberystwyth?
- This programme will help fast-track your accountancy career by giving you exemptions from key professional examinations.
- You will be taught and mentored by qualified and recognised accountants who have a wealth of industry and academic experience.
- Our BSc in Accounting and Finance generates a high and successful level of graduates who enter employment or further training 6 months after graduating (HESA 2017).
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
|Teitl y Modiwl||Cod y Modiwl||Gwerth Credyd|
|Accounting And Finance For Specialists||AB11220||20|
|Fundamentals Of Accounting And Finance||AB11120||20|
|Fundamentals Of Management And Business *||AB15120||20|
|Understanding The Economy||AB13120||20|
- Chartered Accountant;
- Chartered Certified Accountant;
- Chartered Management Accountant;
- Chartered Public Finance Accountant;
- Accountant Technician.
Some of our graduates have also explored other pathways:
- Tax Advisor;
- Investment Analyst;
- Financial Trader;
- Retail Banker;
Careers and Employability
From the moment you arrive at the Aberystwyth Business School we will work with you to build on your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects. During your time with us you will have the opportunity to:
- Undertake a work placement or internship through the AberForward scheme, which is a paid internship;
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and international companies through our visiting speaker programme;
- Experience and learn with one of our partner Universities through our Erasmus + or International Exchange Programme.
What work experience opportunities exist whilst studying?
Discover more about the various employment opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer.
Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three year degree scheme.
In your first year you will discover:
- The three key areas of Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Financial Management;
- Quantitative techniques and the use of specialist statistical software.
In your second year you will explore:
- Investment analysis;
- Portfolio selection and risk management;
- The specific rules and practices of accounting in fields such as audit and taxation;
- Corporate governance;
- Financial and management accounting;
- Business Law.
In your final year you will study:
- Trends in management accounting;
- Financial accounting and corporate finance;
- Options to focus on auditing, taxation or financial statement analysis.
How will I be taught?
Our course is taught through the medium of lectures, small-group seminars and tutorials. All our modules are available online after the lecture or seminar for you to watch in the comfort of your own room.
You will be assessed through:
- Assessed essays;
- You will be assigned a personal tutor throughout your degree course, who will help you with any problems or queries, whether these are academic-related or personal issues. You should feel free to contact them at any time for help and advice.
Barn ein Myfyrwyr
I love how enthusiastic our lecturers are. They are all willing to help out and they understand that some of us actually don't want to be accountants, and are willing to just help us get good grades in our exams. They are also REALLY approachable! Rowan Kemeys
It provides a vast array of knowledge applicable to business as well as world markets. I find it challenging, but incredibly rewarding at the same time. The tutors are very approachable and always there to talk to and are ready to help whenever you need some guidance. All the careers advice that I have received so far has really helped me to shape the direction that I would ideally like to take in the future. Harry James Geyton
N400 Accounting and Finance degree has given me a broad understanding of business and allowed me to build on my knowledge of industry and the economy as a whole. I love studying accounting because it gives me a totally different perspective on the world of business. Accounting is so much more than most people think it is; it's not just people sitting around doing book-keeping. It has allowed me to break down companies and given me a much better understanding of their intricacies as well as their potential. Emma Louise Taberner
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBB
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
28 points overall
Mae'r Brifysgol yn gweithredu polisi derbyn cynhwysol a gall ein cynigion amrywio. Edrychwch ar ein tudalennau gwlad-benodol i gael manylion am y cymwysterau rhyngwladol yr ydym yn eu derbyn. I gael rhagor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag email@example.com