Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
Hyd y Cwrs
This multi-accredited BSc Accounting and Finance with Management degree gives you the opportunity to explore and develop your knowledge on the principles of accountancy and management, while gaining professional recognition from the world’s leading accountancy bodies such as the ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA, CII and ICSA. This degree is the perfect choice if you are looking for a future career in accountancy, management and leadership. Over the course of the the three years, you will have discover additional topics which include financial reporting, management accounting, corporate finance, taxation, audit and computerised accounting systems.
Ysgol Fusnes Aberystwyth: 91% boddhad myfyrwyr (ACF 2018)
97% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 3% yn uwch na graddedigion Astudiaethau Busnes a Gweinyddu yn genedlaethol. (HESA 2018*)
Why study Accounting & Finance with Management at Aberystwyth?
- This programme will help fast-track your accountancy career by giving you exemptions from key professional examinations.
- Enhance your career opportunities through our partnerships with businesses, industry and commerce.
- Fully refurbished facilities- we have invested over 100 million pounds in refurbishment of student facilities.
- Our degree generates a high and successful level of graduates who enter employment or further training 6 months after graduating.
- We have arrangements with many partner universities overseas to deliver short academic programmes (2 weeks) to small groups of management and business students (on a self-funding basis), to enable you to experience the impact of the cultural environment when conducting business abroad. We currently have partner universities in India, China, Russia, Japan, the United Arab Emirates and Brazil and our portfolio of countries is rapidly expanding.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
- Chartered Accountant;
- Chartered Certified Accountant;
- Chartered Management Accountant;
- Chartered Public Finance accountant;
- Investment Analysis;
- Financial Risk Analyst;
- Civil Service;
- Diplomatic Service;
- Local Government.
What skills will I obtain from this degree?
Studying a degree in Accounting and Finance/ Economics will equip you with the following skills:
- Understanding of organisational behaviour and structure;
- Improved numeracy skills and the ability to research, interpret and use business and financial data;
- Deep understanding of the causes and effects of economic and other external changes;
- The ability to communicate clearly written and spoken;
- Effective problem solving;
- Analytical and creative thinking skills;
- Decision- making;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Time-management and organisational skills;
- Self-motivation and self- reliance.
What work experience opportunities exist whilst studying?
Discover more about the various employment opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer.
Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three year degree scheme.
In your first year you may discover:
- The three key areas of financial accounting, management accounting, financial management;
- Quantitative methods;
- The business environment and management roles.
In your second year you may explore:
- Financial and Management accounting further;
- Investment analysis;
- Portfolio and risk management;
- Human resource management;
- Organisational behaviour;
- The legal issues pertinent to the business environment.
In your third year you may study:
- The implantation of business strategy;
- The importance of management and strategic decision making within organisations;
- And further develop your competencies in management and financial accounting and focus on corporate finance.
How will I be taught?
Our course is taught through the medium of lectures, small-group seminars and tutorials. All our modules are available online after the lecture or seminar for you to watch in the comfort of your own room.
You will be assessed through:
- Assessed essays;
You will be assigned a personal tutor throughout your degree course, who will help you with any problems or queries, whether these are academic-related or personal issues. You should feel free to contact them at any time for help and advice.
You will also have the opportunity to complete a Personal Development Plan (PDP) at Aberystwyth. This is a structured process of self-appraisal, reflection, and planning, which will enable you to chart your personal, academic and professional development throughout your time at university. By recording your academic performance, and highlighting the skills you already have and those you will need for future employability, the PDP portfolio will equip you with the necessary tools to plan effectively, develop successful approaches to study, and consider your future career options and aspirations.
Barn ein Myfyrwyr
It provides a vast array of knowledge applicable to business as well as world markets. I find it challenging, but incredibly rewarding at the same time. The tutors are very approachable and always there to talk to and are ready to help whenever you need some guidance. All the careers advice that I have received so far has really helped me to shape the direction that I would ideally like to take in the future. Harry James Geyton
The Accounting and Finance degree has given me a broad understanding of business and allowed me to build on my knowledge of industry and the economy as a whole. I love studying accounting because it gives me a totally different perspective on the world of business. Accounting is so much more than most people think it is; it's not just people sitting around doing book-keeping. It has allowed me to break down companies and given me a much better understanding of their intricacies as well as their potential. Emma Louise Taberner
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBB
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
28 points overall
Mae'r Brifysgol yn gweithredu polisi derbyn cynhwysol a gall ein cynigion amrywio. Edrychwch ar ein tudalennau gwlad-benodol i gael manylion am y cymwysterau rhyngwladol yr ydym yn eu derbyn. I gael rhagor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag firstname.lastname@example.org