Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
Hyd y Cwrs
At Aberystwyth University, the Accounting and Finance with Economics focuses on the impact of choice on the production, distribution, and consumption of resources through microeconomics and macroeconomics, which analyses choice at the individual level or the economy. At Aberystwyth, we focus on the practical application of economic ideas, knowledge, and methods within the context of professional decision-making situations. Studying Accounting and Finance with Economics will enable you to enjoy the benefits of both subjects giving flexibility for your future.
Bodlonrwydd Myfyrwyr Cyffredinol a Chanlyniadau Cyflogadwyedd
Ymhlith y 10 uchaf yn y DU am Ansawdd y Dysgu ym maes Astudiaethau Rheolaeth a Busnes (Canllaw Prifysgolion Da y 'Times' a'r 'Sunday Times' 2019).
95% o’n myfyrwyr ym maes Busnes a Gweinyddiaeth yn fodlon bod y staff yn esbonio pethau'n dda; 88% yw'r cyfartaledd i'r sector. (ACF 2019)
97% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 3% yn uwch na graddedigion Astudiaethau Busnes a Gweinyddu yn genedlaethol. (HESA 2018*)
Why study Accounting and Finance with Economics?
Our degrees are accredited by the following: ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, CIPFA, CII, ICAS.
- This programme will help fast-track your accountancy career by giving you exemptions from key professional examinations.
- Upon studying this course, you will have the opportunity to explore Business Economics and Economic themes such as the creation of employment, inflationary pressures, international trade issues, the process of business competition, innovation and growth, the development of third-world countries, the protection of natural resources and government policy-making.
- The financial element of this course will provide you with the skills set to successfully and effectively deliver and communicate technical and quantitative aspects of Economics.
- You will be taught and mentored by qualified and recognised accountants who have a wealth of industry and academic experience.
- Our BSc in Accounting and Finance generates a high and successful level of graduates who enter employment or further training 6 months after graduating (HESA 2018).
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
|Teitl y Modiwl||Cod y Modiwl||Gwerth Credyd|
|Accounting And Finance For Specialists||AB11220||20|
|Economic Theory And Policy||AB13220||20|
|Fundamentals Of Accounting And Finance||AB11120||20|
|Understanding The Economy||AB13120||20|
Career Prospects: From Campus to Career
Our graduates have entered and are successful in a number of sectors:
- Chartered Accountancy;
- Investment Banking;
- Risk Management;
- Marketing Management;
- Retail Management;
- Distribution and Logistics Management;
- Sales Executive.
What skills will I obtain from this degree?
Studying our degree in Accounting and Finance/ Business Economics will equip you with the following skills:
- Understanding of organisational behaviour and structure;
- Improved numeracy skills and the ability to research, interpret and use business and financial data;
- Deep understanding of the causes and effects of economic and other external changes;
- The ability to communicate clearly in a written and spoken form;
- Effective problem solving;
- Analytical and creative thinking skills;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Time-Management and organisational skills;
- Self-motivation and self-reliance.
What work experience opportunities exist at Aberystwyth University?
Discover more about the various employment opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer.
Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three-year degree scheme.
In the first year you may discover:
- Economic principles;
- The three key areas of Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, and Financial Management;
- Quantitative techniques and the use of the specialist statistical software.
- Economic mathematics and statistics;
- And a selection of elective modules.
In the second year you may explore:
- Policy implications of economic theory;
- Economic interpretation;
- Investment Analysis;
- Portfolio selection and risk management;
- Corporate Governance;
- Financial and management accounting;
In the third year you may study:
- The core understanding of microeconomics and macroeconomics;
- Industrial organisation and policy;
- Trends in management accounting;
- Financial accounting and corporate finance;
- Options to focus on auditing, taxation or financial statement analysis;
- Organisational behaviour;
- Investment and Financial Instruments;
- Development of Economics;
- Economics of Labour and Industrial Relations;
- International Trade and Trade Policy.
How will I be taught?
You will be taught through lectures, seminars, and tutorials of which are in small groups. You will be required on some modules to deliver presentations, work effectively as part of a group and undertake any essays that are required from you.
At Aberystwyth University, all of our modules are placed online for you to study further in the comfort of your room. We also have a wealth of printed texts which are available in our library and the National Library of Wales.
The course is assessed by:
- Assessed essays;
- Dissertation (certain modules).
You will be allocated a personal tutor for the duration of the degree at Aberystwyth University.
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBC
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
Mae'r Brifysgol yn gweithredu polisi derbyn cynhwysol a gall ein cynigion amrywio. Edrychwch ar ein tudalennau gwlad-benodol i gael manylion am y cymwysterau rhyngwladol yr ydym yn eu derbyn. I gael rhagor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag email@example.com