Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
Hyd y Cwrs
This multi-accredited BSc Accounting and Finance with Business Management degree gives you the opportunity to explore and develop your knowledge on the principles of Accountancy and Business Management while gaining professional recognition from the world’s leading accountancy bodies such as the ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA, CII and ICSA. This degree is the perfect choice if you are looking for a future career in accountancy, management and leadership. Over the course of the three years, you will discover additional topics which will include financial reporting, management accounting, corporate finance, taxation, audit, and computerised accounting systems.
Bodlonrwydd Myfyrwyr Cyffredinol a Chanlyniadau Cyflogadwyedd
Ymhlith y 10 uchaf yn y DU am Ansawdd y Dysgu ym maes Astudiaethau Rheolaeth a Busnes (Canllaw Prifysgolion Da y 'Times' a'r 'Sunday Times' 2019).
Yr Ysgol Fusnes Aberystwyth: 91% boddhad myfyrwyr (ACF 2018)
97% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 3% yn uwch na graddedigion Astudiaethau Busnes a Gweinyddu yn genedlaethol. (HESA 2018*)
Why study Accounting & Finance with Business Management at Aberystwyth?
- This programme will help fast-track your accountancy career by giving you exemptions from key professional examinations.
- Enhance your career opportunities through our partnerships with businesses, industry, and commerce.
- Our degree generates a high and successful level of graduates who enter employment or further training 6 months after graduating.
- We have arrangements with many partner universities overseas to deliver short academic programmes (2 weeks) to small groups of management and business students (on a self-funding basis), to enable you to experience the impact of the cultural environment when conducting business abroad. We currently have partner universities in India, China, Russia, Japan, the United Arab Emirates, and Brazil and our portfolio of countries is rapidly expanding
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
|Teitl y Modiwl||Cod y Modiwl||Gwerth Credyd|
|Accounting And Finance For Specialists||AB11220||20|
|Data Performance And Analysis||AB15220||20|
|Fundamentals Of Accounting And Finance||AB11120||20|
|Fundamentals Of Management And Business *||AB15120||20|
|Marketing Principles And Contemporary Practice||AB17120||20|
|Understanding The Economy||AB13120||20|
- Chartered Accountant;
- Chartered Certified Accountant;
- Chartered Management Accountant;
- Chartered Public Finance accountant;
- Investment Analysis;
- Financial Risk Analyst;
- Civil Service;
- Diplomatic Service;
- Local Government.
What skills will I obtain from this degree?
Studying a degree in Accounting and Finance with Business Management will equip you with the following skills:
- Understanding of organisational behaviour and structure;
- Improved numeracy skills and the ability to research, interpret and use business and financial data;
- Deep understanding of the causes and effects of economic and other external changes;
- The ability to communicate clearly written and spoken;
- Effective problem solving;
- Analytical and creative thinking skills;
- Decision- making;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Time-management and organisational skills;
- Self-motivation and self- reliance.
What work experience opportunities exist whilst studying?
Discover more about the various employment opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer.
Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three-year degree scheme.
In your first year you may discover:
- The three key areas of financial accounting, management accounting, financial management;
- Fundamental principles of management;
- The dynamics of the modern business environment;
- The use of financial and accounting information in management decisions at operational and strategic levels;
- Quantitative methods;
- The business environment and management roles.
In your second year you may explore:
- Financial and Management accounting further;
- Investment analysis;
- Theories and techniques of operations management;
- Portfolio and risk management;
- Human resource management;
- Organisational behaviour;
- The legal issues pertinent to the business environment;
- The skills, analytical tools, and techniques to identify and address problems and opportunities in business management and marketing.
In your third year you may study:
- The implantation of business strategy;
- The business strategy and how it functions both internally and externally to the business environment;
- Human resource management;
- The understanding of current management thinking from both practical and theorectical perspectives;
- The importance of management and strategic decision making within organisations;
- A compulsory independent research project which will give you the opportunity to specialise in a particular aspect of business management and marketing;
- And further develop your competencies in management and financial accounting and focus on corporate finance.
How will I be taught?
Our course is taught through the medium of lectures, small-group seminars and tutorials. All our modules are available online after the lecture or seminar for you to watch in the comfort of your own room.
You will be assessed through:
- Assessed essays;
You will be assigned a personal tutor throughout your degree course, who will help you with any problems or queries, whether these are academic-related or personal issues. You should feel free to contact them at any time for help and advice.
You will also have the opportunity to complete a Personal Development Plan (PDP) at Aberystwyth. This is a structured process of self-appraisal, reflection, and planning, which will enable you to chart your personal, academic and professional development throughout your time at university. By recording your academic performance, and highlighting the skills you already have and those you will need for future employability, the PDP portfolio will equip you with the necessary tools to plan effectively, develop successful approaches to study, and consider your future career options and aspirations.
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBC
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
Mae'r Brifysgol yn gweithredu polisi derbyn cynhwysol a gall ein cynigion amrywio. Edrychwch ar ein tudalennau gwlad-benodol i gael manylion am y cymwysterau rhyngwladol yr ydym yn eu derbyn. I gael rhagor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag firstname.lastname@example.org