Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
ABC with A in Mathematics or BBB with B in Mathematics
Hyd y Cwrs
In choosing to study the Applied Mathematics and Pure Mathematics Degree at Aberystwyth University you will uncover a fascinating and challenging discipline that combines the identification and analysis of shapes and patterns with data collation and calculation. Mathematics is fundamentally important to modern society, contributing to numerous facets of life, including science, engineering, technology and finance.Graduates of this course are in significant demand across many industries for their problem-solving abilities, clear analytical thought processes and capacity for logical argument.
Adran Mathemateg: Gorau yn y Du ar gyfer Ansawdd y Dysgu yn y maes pwnc Mathemateg. (The Complete University Guide 2018, The Times & Sunday Times).
Adran Mathemateg: 3ydd yn y DU am fodlonrwydd myfyrwyr am ddysgu ar y pynciau Mathemateg ac Ystadegyn (ACF 2017)
93% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 1% yn uwch na graddedigion Mathemateg yn genedlaethol (DLHE 2017)
Mathematics is a subject that has fascinated humanity for thousands of years from the ancient world to the present day. The language of Mathematics underpins so much of the modern world – from science, technology and engineering, to finance and commerce – opening up a wide range of career opportunities to you.
Why study Applied Mathematics and Pure Mathematics at Aberystwyth?
- Uncover a discipline that combines the identification and analysis of shapes and patterns with data collation and calculation.
- Mathematics has been taught at Aberystwyth since 1872, so that the department builds on over 140 years of teaching excellence, employing lecturers who are committed teachers and internationally-recognised researchers
- A degree in Mathematics will open up a wide range of career paths to you, and this degree is accredited by the IMA (Institute for Mathematics and its Applications), the UK's learned and professional society for mathematics, directly contributing to your recognition as a Chartered Mathematician.
- The Department offers several modules taught through the medium of Welsh, for further details please click here.
Mae’r holl ddarlithwyr yn yr Adran Mathemateg wedi’u cymhwyso i lefel PhD ac yn weithgar ym myd ymchwil. Mae gan y rhan fwyaf gymhwyster addysgu uwchraddedig ac mae’n rhaid i staff newydd gwblhau’r TUAAU. Mae’r adran hefyd yn cyflogi nifer o diwtoriaid rhan-amser, sydd â phrofiad dysgu eang, a rhai arddangoswyr sy’n cael eu dewis o blith ein myfyrwyr israddedig ac uwchraddedig.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
Our graduates have found employment in the following sectors:
- Statistical analysis and computational statistics
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Accountancy and banking
- Risk Analysis and actuarial work
- Financial management and investment analysis
- Information technology
What opportunities are there at University for me?
Employability is embedded across all of our teaching.
Click here to find out about the various opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer.
Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department.
On completion of this degree you will have gained skills in the following;
- Research and data analysis skills
- Enhanced mathematical and computational skills
- Effective problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- A thorough grounding in information technology
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Time- Management and organisational skills
- The ability to clearly communicate in both written and spoken forms
- Self-motivation and Self-reliance
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three year degree scheme.
In the first year, you will follow a clearly defined pathway through the study of core disciplines including:
- Algebra and calculus
- Coordinate and vector geometry
- Mathematical analysis
- Differential equations and statistics.
In the second and third years you will study:
- Real and complex analysis
- Abstract and linear algebra
- Mathematical physics.
- Optional modules include numerical analysis and hydrodynamics.
- You will also undertake a compulsory career planning module as part of your course, which will enhance your employability prospects and enable you to develop valuable transferable skills.
How will I be taught?
You will be taught through a complementary set of teaching and learning methods and approaches, ranging from formal lectures, seminars and tutorials to practicals and individual and group-based project work.
You will be assessed through a combination of coursework, presentations, reports and examinations.
You will be assigned a personal tutor throughout your degree course, who will help you with any problems or queries, whether these are academic-related or personal issues. You should feel free to contact them at any time for help and advice.
You will also have the opportunity to complete a Personal Development Plan (PDP) at Aberystwyth. This is a structured process of self-appraisal, reflection, and planning, which will enable you to chart your personal, academic and professional development throughout your time at university. By recording your academic performance, and highlighting the skills you already have and those you will need for future employability, the PDP portfolio will equip you with the necessary tools to plan effectively, develop successful approaches to study, and consider your future career options and aspirations.
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A ABC with A in Mathematics or BBB with B in Mathematics
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
DMM-DDM with A/B in A level Mathematics
28-30 points with 4-5 points in Mathematics at Higher Level
70% overall with 75% in Mathematics
Ystyrir ymgeiswyr yn ôl eu rhinweddau unigol a gall y cynigion amrywio. Am ragor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag: firstname.lastname@example.org