Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
BBC-BBB with B in Chemistry. Candidates taking a science A level with an associated practical skills assessment will also be required to pass the practical component.
Hyd y Cwrs
If you are interested in studying the science behind the latest advances in medicine, nutrition, and pharmaceuticals, then Aberystwyth’s Biochemistry programme is for you. In this degree, you will explore the techniques that have revolutionised the study of cell biology, biological chemistry, metabolism, and molecular genetics. The Biochemistry degree will qualify you for careers in areas specifically related to the discipline, such as biomedical science, biotechnology and pharmaceutical research. In addition, the skills acquired from this course are highly demanded by employers in all fields, from teaching to management.
Athrofa Gwyddorau Biolegol, Amgylcheddol a Gwledig (IBERS): 91% boddhad myfyrwyr (ACF 2017)
97% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 3% yn uwch na graddedigion y Gwyddorau Biolegol yn genedlaethol, (HESA 2017)
- This degree will give you a solid foundation in the study of cellular, molecular and chemical biology.
- We will nurture both your intellectual curiosity and your general scientific practice.
- The subject is taught within an internationally recognised centre of excellence, by experts in the Biochemistry field.
- The University has modern teaching facilities with over £55 million pounds invested.
- The Biochemistry teaching staff are recognised as expert and innovative educators.
Mae gan y rhan fwyaf o staff dysgu Athrofa'r Gwyddorau Biolegol, Amgylcheddol a Gwledig gymwysterau hyd at safon PhD ac maent yn ymchwilwyr gweithgar. Hefyd, mae gan staff y cyrsiau galwedigaethol gefndir ym myd diwydiant. Mae yn yr Athrofa nifer fawr o staff sy'n gwneud ymchwil yn unig ac mae'n bosib y bydd y myfyrwyr yn dod i gysylltiad â hwy.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
What opportunities are available for me?
Some of our graduates have pursued career paths with the following:
- Astra Zeneca;
What will I get from my degree?
Employability is embedded in our teaching. We are linked closely with the Biochemical society, which is a great platform for students to network with others in their discipline.
Our students leave Aberystwyth University with the skills including:
- research and data analysis skills;
- enhanced mathematical and computational skills;
- effective problem-solving and creative thinking skills;
- a thorough grounding in information technology skills;
- the ability to work independently;
- time-management and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines the ability to express ideas and communicate;
- information in a clear and structured manner, in both written and oral form;
- self-motivation and self-reliance;
- team-working, with the ability to discuss concepts in groups, accommodating different ideas and reaching agreement.
What work experience opportunities exist whilst studying?
Click here to find out about the various opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer.
Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three year degree scheme.
In your first year you will explore:
- The diversity of biological disciplines which includes;
- Structure and function of plants
- Animals and microbes at the organismal, cellular molecular levels
- Major animal vertebrate and invertebrate which will focus on;
- Physiology, muscle and locomotion, nutrition, endocrinology, cardiovascular respiratory systems and homeostasis
- The diversity of microbial
- Vegetation and ecosystems
In your second year you will discover:
- Cell biology
- Molecular biology
- Qualitative and Quantitative procedures of data analysis
In your third year you will study and undertake:
- A compulsory dissertation
How will I be taught?
The course will be delivered through lectures, workshops, tutorials and practicals.
You will be assessed through;
- Practical exercises
- Oral presentations
- Statistical exercies
- Reflective diaries
- Literature reviews
- Magazine articles
- Field notebooks
Barn ein Myfyrwyr
The Genetic and Biochemistry course improved my professional performance and influenced my future achievements. Understanding of the sciences process helped me to develop a scientific point of view on life. I was fully satisfied with my course and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is passionate about science and plans to start a career in a science-related environment.Zofia Slowik
The course curriculum of Biochemistry managed to get the balance between studying wider concepts key to the bigger picture of life science and the much more exact details of specific areas of molecular biology perfectly. It was great to be learning about very specialised topics of biology, whilst also studying an approach to research that has wider applications. Studying Biochemistry was thoroughly enjoyable, and gave a range of module choices whilst always keeping the core subjects and concepts at the heart of the course. Alex Pike
My course offers a range of module options allowing me to follow my interests as well as a large amount of practical work to reinforce the theory. Carwyn John Evans
Biochemistry is a very interesting and competitive course which helps me to develop my knowledge and understanding of science and the medical field. Throughout the Biochemistry course I have developed my practical skills because I have spent a lot of time in the laboratories, taking part in many experiments during the academic year. Madalina Dragomir
My degree in Genetics and Biochemistry gave me a good grounding that prepared me very well for my PhD. In fact, one of the courses, Gene Expression and Developmental Genetics inspired me to work in the area of Developmental Biology, which is what I work at today. I will be eternally grateful for the chance I was given and the teaching I received. Roger – Professor of Neuroscience, University of Copenhagen
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBC-BBB with B in Chemistry. Candidates taking a science A level with an associated practical skills assessment will also be required to pass the practical component.
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics and a Science subject
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
30 points overall with 5 points in Chemistry at Higher Level
65-70% overall with 75% in specified subject
Ystyrir ymgeiswyr yn ôl eu rhinweddau unigol a gall y cynigion amrywio. Am ragor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag: email@example.com