Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
Hyd y Cwrs
Gwybodaeth ar gyfer mynediad ym mis Medi 2017 sydd ar y dudalen hon. I weld gwybodaeth am 2018, gan gynnwys y graddau gofynnol, edrychwch yn ein prosbectws.
Are you interested in writing for theatre, performance, film, television and radio? This degree will give you a firm grounding in this filed and will help you develop your practical skills. Our strong links with the industry such as the BBC, Boomerang media will offer you a variety of opportunities to enrich and enhance your growth as a writer. This course will also enable you to cultivate your understanding of key concepts and fundamental techniques that are crucial in writing for theatre, film & television.
Adran Astudiaethau Theatr Ffilm a Theledu: 87% boddhad myfyrwyr (ACF 2017)
95.4% o israddedigion DU/UE o'r Adran Ffilm a Theledu a raddiodd yn 2016 mewn cyflogaeth neu addysg bellach chwe mis ar ôl graddio (DLHE 2017)
- Addysg a Dysgu
BA Writing for Broadcasting, Media and Performance
- You will be taught by our internationally recognised staff whose expertise includes: strong professional reputations for writing for continuing television drama (e.g. Hollyoaks), radio drama, adaptations and play-writing, along with expertise on British and Irish Drama.
- We are a vibrant and creative department where theatre, film, television, media and drama collide.
- Students on this course are taught through our unique combination of creative and critical approaches.
- The Department has excellent connections with key industry partners such as the National Theatre for Wales, Music Theatre Wales, Quarantine Theatre Company and Theatre Genedlaethol Cymru.
- In addition, we are also closely connected with the BBC, Tribeca Film Festival, S4C, the Edinburgh Film Festival, BAFTA, Avid, Fiction Factory, Arad Goch to name a few.
- The University has close links with Aberystwyth Arts Centre, one of the largest arts centres in Wales, which regularly presents national and international theatre and dance work.
Mae holl staff academaidd yr Adran Theatr, Ffilm a Theledu yn gwneud gwaith ymchwil a/neu'n ymwneud â phrosiectau Trosglwyddo Gwybodaeth, ac mae ganddynt naill ai gymwysterau academaidd perthnasol ar lefel doethuriaeth neu brofiad proffesiynol ac arbenigedd cyfatebol.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Many of our graduates from the department have discovered career paths which include:
- Broadcast Media
- Producers and Directors
- Script writers
- Marketing & Public relations
- Media Planning
What skills do I gain from this degree?
Employability is embedded in all of our activities.
Students on this course gain the following valuable skills that are sought after by employers. These include the ability to:
- work effectively in group settings to develop, rehearse and produce live events
- apply creative, imaginative and problem-solving skills in a variety of situations
- research, evaluate and organise information
- structure and communicate ideas effectively in a variety of situations and using a variety of means
- work independently and with others
- effectively organise your time and deploy your skills
- listen to and make use of critical advice
- be self-motivated and self-disciplined
- use a range of information technology skills and resources
- be entrepreneurial in developing cultural projects
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three year degree scheme.
In your first year you may explore:
- Theatre in context
- Studying Film
- Writing for television Drama
- Studying Television
- Writing for both Film and Television
- Acting: the process and performance
- Shakespeare in Performance
- Media Industries: History and Policy
- Contemporary Television Drama
- Theatre and Contemporary Society
- Contemporary British and Irish Drama
- Place, Space and Landscape
- Children and the Media
- Stardom and Celebrity
- Media in Wales
How will I be taught?
You will be taught through a range of lectures, seminars, workshops and tutorials.
You may also be required to undertake practicals.
Students on this course may be assessed through course work, practicals, examination.
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBC-BBB
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
28-30 points overall
Ystyrir ymgeiswyr yn ôl eu rhinweddau unigol a gall y cynigion amrywio. Am ragor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag: email@example.com