Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
Hyd y Cwrs
Are you interested in writing for theatre, performance, film, television and radio? This degree will give you a firm grounding in this filed and will help you develop your practical skills. Our strong links with the industry such as the BBC, Boomerang media will offer you a variety of opportunities to enrich and enhance your growth as a writer. This course will also enable you to cultivate your understanding of key concepts and fundamental techniques that are crucial in writing for theatre, film & television.
Bodlonrwydd Myfyrwyr Cyffredinol a Chanlyniadau Cyflogadwyedd
Ymhlith y 15 uchaf yn y DU am Ansawdd y Dysgu ym maes Drama a Dawns (Canllaw Prifysgolion Da y 'Times' a'r 'Sunday Times' 2019).
Yr Adran Astudiaethau Theatr Ffilm a Theledu: 87% boddhad myfyrwyr (ACF 2017)
98% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 4% yn uwch na graddedigion y Celfyddydau Creadigol a Dylunio yn genedlaethol. (HESA 2018*)
BA Writing for Broadcasting, Media and Performance
- You will be taught by our internationally recognised staff whose expertise includes: strong professional reputations for writing for continuing television drama (e.g. Hollyoaks), radio drama, adaptations and play-writing, along with expertise on British and Irish Drama.
- We are a vibrant and creative department where theatre, film, television, media and drama collide.
- Students on this course are taught through our unique combination of creative and critical approaches.
- The Department has excellent connections with key industry partners such as the National Theatre for Wales, Music Theatre Wales, Quarantine Theatre Company and Theatre Genedlaethol Cymru.
- In addition, we are also closely connected with the BBC, Tribeca Film Festival, S4C, the Edinburgh Film Festival, BAFTA, Avid, Fiction Factory, Arad Goch to name a few.
- The University has close links with Aberystwyth Arts Centre, one of the largest arts centres in Wales, which regularly presents national and international theatre and dance work.
Mae holl staff academaidd yr Adran Theatr, Ffilm a Theledu yn gwneud gwaith ymchwil a/neu'n ymwneud â phrosiectau Trosglwyddo Gwybodaeth, ac mae ganddynt naill ai gymwysterau academaidd perthnasol ar lefel doethuriaeth neu brofiad proffesiynol ac arbenigedd cyfatebol.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
|Teitl y Modiwl||Cod y Modiwl||Gwerth Credyd|
|Theatre in Context 1||TP11020||20|
|Writing Continuing TV Drama||FM17320||20|
|Theatre in Context 2||TP11320||20|
|Teitl y Modiwl||Cod y Modiwl||Gwerth Credyd|
|Introduction to Media Production (Semester 2)||FM10520||20|
|Site-Specific Performance Project||TP11420||20|
Many of our graduates from the department have discovered career paths which include:
- Broadcast Media;
- Producers and Directors;
- Script writers;
- Marketing & Public relations;
- Media Planning;
What skills do I gain from this degree?
Employability is embedded in all of our activities.
Students on this course gain the following valuable skills that are sought after by employers. These include the ability to:
- work effectively in group settings to develop, rehearse and produce live events;
- apply creative, imaginative and problem-solving skills in a variety of situations;
- research, evaluate and organise information;
- structure and communicate ideas effectively in a variety of situations and using a variety of means;
- work independently and with others;
- effectively organise your time and deploy your skills;
- listen to and make use of critical advice;
- be self-motivated and self-disciplined;
- use a range of information technology skills and resources;
- be entrepreneurial in developing cultural projects.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three year degree scheme.
In your first year you may explore:
- Theatre in context;
- Studying Film;
- Writing for television Drama;
- Studying Television.
- Writing for both Film and Television;
- Acting: the process and performance;
- Shakespeare in Performance;
- Media Industries: History and Policy;
- Contemporary Television Drama;
- Theatre and Contemporary Society.
- Contemporary British and Irish Drama;
- Place, Space and Landscape;
- Children and the Media;
- Stardom and Celebrity;
- Media in Wales.
How will I be taught?
You will be taught through a range of lectures, seminars, workshops and tutorials.
You may also be required to undertake practicals.
Students on this course may be assessed through course work, practicals, examination.
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBC-BBB
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
28-30 points overall
Mae'r Brifysgol yn gweithredu polisi derbyn cynhwysol a gall ein cynigion amrywio. Edrychwch ar ein tudalennau gwlad-benodol i gael manylion am y cymwysterau rhyngwladol yr ydym yn eu derbyn. I gael rhagor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag firstname.lastname@example.org