Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
Hyd y Cwrs
The BSc Business Economics degree covers a wide range of issues that impact on every-day life including: the creation of employment, inflationary pressures, international trade issues, the process of business competition, innovation and growth, the development of third world countries, the protection of natural resources and government policy-making, then this might be the degree for you.
On successful completion of this degree you will have an informed and coherent understanding of economics, alongside the confidence and professional skills to apply both microeconomics and macroeconomics in context, to the real world.
Bodlonrwydd Myfyrwyr Cyffredinol a Chanlyniadau Cyflogadwyedd
Ymhlith y 10 uchaf yn y DU am Ansawdd y Dysgu ym maes Astudiaethau Rheolaeth a Busnes (Canllaw Prifysgolion Da y 'Times' a'r 'Sunday Times' 2019).
95% o’n myfyrwyr ym maes Busnes a Gweinyddiaeth yn fodlon bod y staff yn esbonio pethau'n dda; 88% yw'r cyfartaledd i'r sector. (ACF 2019)
97% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 3% yn uwch na graddedigion Astudiaethau Busnes a Gweinyddu yn genedlaethol. (HESA 2018*)
Why study Business Economics at Aberystwyth?
- Become a student in a world-leading department for research and practice, where you will be taught by industry-leading lecturers who will assist you to gain an in-depth knowledge of economic principles;
- Enhance your career opportunities through our partnerships with business, industry and commerce;
- Be enriched by our visiting speakers who bring their professional experience to the classroom;
- Become confident with the technical and quantitative aspects of Economics.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
|Teitl y Modiwl||Cod y Modiwl||Gwerth Credyd|
|Economic Theory And Policy||AB13220||20|
|Fundamentals Of Accounting And Finance||AB11120||20|
|Fundamentals Of Management And Business *||AB15120||20|
|Understanding The Economy||AB13120||20|
Career Prospects: From Campus to Career
Our graduates have entered and are successful in a number of sectors:
- Chartered Accountancy;
- Investment Banking;
- Risk Management;
- Marketing Management;
- Retail Management;
- Distribution and Logistics Management;
- Sales Executive;
What skills will I obtain from this degree?
Studying our degree in Business Economics will equip you with the following skills:
- Understanding of organisational behaviour and structure;
- Improved numeracy skills and the ability to research, interpret and use business and financial data;
- Deep understanding of the causes and effects of economic and other external changes;
- The ability to communicate clearly in a written and spoken form;
- Effective problem solving;
- Analytical and creative thinking skills;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Time-Management and organisational skills;
- Self-motivation and self-reliance.
What work experience opportunities exist at Aberystwyth University?
Discover more about the various employment opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer.
Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three year degree scheme.
In the first year you may discover:
- Economic principles;
- Economic mathematics and statistics;
- And a selection of elective modules.
In the second year you may explore:
- Policy implications of economic theory;
- Economic interpretation;
In the third year you may study:
- The core understanding of microeconomics and macroeconomics;
- Industrial organisation and policy;
- Organisational behaviour;
- Investment and Financial Instruments;
- Development of Economics;
- Economics of Labour and Industrial Relations;
- International Trade and Trade Policy.
How will I be taught?
You will be taught through lectures, seminars and tutorials of which are in small groups. You will be required on some modules to deliver presentations, work effectively as part of a group and undertake any essays that are required from you.
At Aberystwyth University, all our modules are placed online for you to study further in the comfort of your room. We also have a wealth of printed texts which are available in our library and the National Library of Wales.
The course is assessed by:
- Assessed essays;
- Dissertation (certain modules).
You will be allocated a personal tutor for the duration of the degree at Aberystwyth University.
Barn ein Myfyrwyr
Business Economics and the study thereof, provides a student not only with an in-depth understanding of both micro and macroeconomic principles, but combines other essential core elements relevant to the understanding of both modern, postmodern, and current international global economic issues. Through the use of additional elements of the social sciences framework, which include psychological, sociological, and ethical teachings, a student will gain a firm, and coherent understanding of both the socioeconomic, and economic issues affecting modern economic institutions, as well as the ability to apply both theoretical and logical solutions to the issues faced by ever increasingly globally connected economies. Paul Michael Simpson
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBB
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
28 points overall
Mae'r Brifysgol yn gweithredu polisi derbyn cynhwysol a gall ein cynigion amrywio. Edrychwch ar ein tudalennau gwlad-benodol i gael manylion am y cymwysterau rhyngwladol yr ydym yn eu derbyn. I gael rhagor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag email@example.com