Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
ABC with A in Mathematics or BBB with B in Mathematics
Hyd y Cwrs
Computer Science and Mathematics, at Aberystwyth University, allows you to uncover a fascinating and challenging discipline that combines the identification and analysis of shapes and patterns with data collation and calculation.
You will discover the fundamentals of Computer Science to solve complex problems that include analysis, design, solution choice and implementation.
This course is engineered to prepare you for the demands of industry. The skills you acquire are led from cutting-edge research, within a supportive learning environment, and are highly sought after by future employers.
Adran Cyfrifiadureg: 92% boddhad myfyrwyr am y cwrs Cyfrifiadureg (ACF 2017)
98% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 8% yn uwch na graddedigion Cyfrifiadureg yn genedlaethol. (HESA 2018*)
Ar y brig ym Mhrydain am ansawdd y dysgu ym maes Mathemateg. (The Good University Guide 2018, The Times & Sunday Times).
100% boddhad myfyrwyr am yr adran Mathemateg. (ACF 2018).
96% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 4% yn uwch na graddedigion y Gwyddorau Mathemategol yn genedlaethol. (HESA 2018*)
Why study Computer Science and Mathematics at Aberystwyth?
- Mathematics has been taught at Aberystwyth since 1872, so that the department builds on over 140 years of teaching excellence, employing lecturers who are committed teachers and internationally-recognised researchers
- A degree accredited by the BCS (the Chartered Institute for IT) on behalf of the Engineering Council, which gives you a head start when you enter the competitive job market
- Students have access to dedicated Linux, Mac OS X laboratories and central servers
- Taught by lecturers who have close links with the industry and software engineering conferences
- Students on this course have access our to robotic equipment including Ardvinos, mobile robots and sailing robots
- Both Departments offer a number of modules taught through the medium of Welsh. Further details may be obtained from the Departments
Mae gan bron bob un o ddarlithwyr a chymrodyr dysgu’r Adran Cyfrifiadureg gymwysterau hyd at safon PhD, ac mae gan y gweddill brofiad helaeth ym maes ymchwil neu ddiwydiant. Mae'n rhaid i bob darlithydd a chymrawd dysgu newydd ennill cymhwyster TUAAU, ac felly maent yn Gymrodyr Uwch neu'n Gymrodyr o'r Academi Addysg Uwch. Mae'r adran hefyd yn cyflogi nifer o staff arddangos a thiwtoriaid rhan amser a rhai arddangoswyr sy'n fyfyrwyr, wedi’u dewis o blith ein hisraddedigion a'n huwchraddedigion. Mae ein cymrodyr ymchwil a'n cynorthwywyr ymchwil (y rhan fwyaf ohonynt â gradd PhD) hefyd yn gwneud rhywfaint o waith dysgu o bryd i'w gilydd pan fo hynny'n briodol.
Mae’r holl ddarlithwyr yn yr Adran Mathemateg wedi’u cymhwyso i lefel PhD ac yn weithgar ym myd ymchwil. Mae gan y rhan fwyaf gymhwyster addysgu uwchraddedig ac mae’n rhaid i staff newydd gwblhau’r TUAAU. Mae’r adran hefyd yn cyflogi nifer o diwtoriaid rhan-amser, sydd â phrofiad dysgu eang, a rhai arddangoswyr sy’n cael eu dewis o blith ein myfyrwyr israddedig ac uwchraddedig.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
- Complex Analysis
- Linear Algebra
- Modelling Persistent Data
- Program Design, Data Structures and Algorithms
- Software Engineering
A degree in Computer Science and Mathematics will be particularly valuable in employment situations which require specialist numerical skills and logical and analytical thought.
The Computer Science component will prepare you for a variety of careers in:
- Software design
- Communications and networking
- Computer applications
- Web development
- IT consultancy and management
- Systems analysis and development
- Computer sales and marketing
The Mathematics component will prepare you to work for organisations such as:
- The Office of National Statistics and the Meteorological Office
- Accountancy and banking
- Risk analysis and actuarial work
- Finance management
- Investment analysis
- Information technology
- Research and lecturing are also open to you
Studying for a degree in Computer Science and Mathematics will equip you with a range of transferable skills which are highly valued by employers. These include:
• Research and data analysis skills
• Enhanced mathematical and computational skills
• Effective problem-solving and creative thinking skills
• Facility to deal with abstract concepts
• Thorough grounding in information technology skills
• Ability to work independently
• Time-management and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to express ideas and communicate information in a clear and structured manner, in both written and oral form
• Self-motivation and self-reliance
• Team-working, with the ability to discuss concepts in groups, accommodating different ideas and reaching agreement
What work experience opportunities exist whilst studying?
Click here to find out about the various opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer.
Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three year degree scheme.
In this joint honours Computer Science and Mathematics degree course, you will divide your time equally between each subject.
In the first year you will take core modules:
- Software development
- Communications and telematics
- Mathematical analysis
- Algebra and calculus
- Optional modules include Geometry and Probability
In the second year you will explore:
- Program design
- Data structures and algorithms
- All students participate in the Software Development Lifecycle module which includes a group project where, taking one of the roles which exist in industry, such as project manager, designer, or quality assurance manager, you will produce a working software product, following best current industrial practice at every stage
- You will also study linear algebra and choose optional modules from a wide range that includes abstract algebra, complex analysis and hydrodynamics
In the third year, you will have very few core modules, but can choose from a wide range of options in both departments. You will undertake computer science projects in which you will develop and implement a piece of software, and investigate a problem of an experimental, theoretical, data analysis, instrumentation or computer modelling nature under the supervision of a member of the academic staff.
How will I be taught?
You will be taught through a complementary set of teaching and learning methods and approaches, ranging from formal lectures, seminars and tutorials to workshops, practicals and individual and group-based project work.
You will be assessed through a combination of coursework, practicals, presentations and examinations.
You will be assigned a personal tutor throughout your degree course, who will help you with any problems or queries, whether these are academic-related or personal issues. You should feel free to contact them at any time for help and advice.
You will also have the opportunity to complete a Personal Development Plan (PDP) at Aberystwyth. This is a structured process of self-appraisal, reflection, and planning, which will enable you to chart your personal, academic and professional development throughout your time at university. By recording your academic performance, and highlighting the skills you already have and those you will need for future employability, the PDP portfolio will equip you with the necessary tools to plan effectively, develop successful approaches to study, and consider your future career options and aspirations.
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A ABC with A in Mathematics or BBB with B in Mathematics
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
DMM-DDM with A/B in A level Mathematics
28-30 points with 4-5 points in Mathematics at Higher Level
70% overall with 75% in Mathematics
Mae'r Brifysgol yn gweithredu polisi derbyn cynhwysol a gall ein cynigion amrywio. Edrychwch ar ein tudalennau gwlad-benodol i gael manylion am y cymwysterau rhyngwladol yr ydym yn eu derbyn. I gael rhagor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag email@example.com