Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
BBC with B in Physics and B in Mathematics
Hyd y Cwrs
Gwybodaeth ar gyfer mynediad ym mis Medi 2017 sydd ar y dudalen hon. I weld gwybodaeth am 2018, gan gynnwys y graddau gofynnol, edrychwch yn ein prosbectws.
In choosing to study a Computer Science and Physics Degree at Aberystwyth University, you will be immersed in the fundamentals of computer science and the very latest scientific developments and technological innovations. With a thorough grounding in the core principles of each scientific discipline, the structure of the Computer Science and Physics Degree allows you to develop the skills needed to solve complex problems that include analysis, design, solution choice and implementation. You will develop the skills and capabilities sought by the main employers in these disciplines, and on completion of your Computer Science and Physics Degree you will graduate with the competences necessary to undertake the career you choose.
Adran Cyfrifiadureg: 92% boddhad myfyrwyr am y cwrs Cyfrifiadureg (ACF 2017)
99% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 9% yn uwch na graddedigion Cyfrifiadureg yn genedlaethol. (DLHE 2017)
Aeth 95% o’n graddedigion i swyddi ar lefel broffesiynol, 15% yn uwch na graddedigion Cyfrifiadureg yn genedlaethol. (DLHE 2017)
Adran Ffiseg: 91% boddhad myfyrwyr (ACF 2017)
Aeth 85% o’n graddedigion i swyddi ar lefel broffesiynol, 21% yn uwch na graddedigion y Gwyddorau Ffisegol yn genedlaethol. (DLHE 2017)
- Addysg a Dysgu
- Barn ein Myfyrwyr
Why study Computer Science and Physics at Aberystwyth?
- A degree accredited by the BCS (the Chartered Institute for IT) on behalf of the Engineering Council, which gives you a head start when you enter the competitive job market.
- Physics has been taught at Aberystwyth University since its foundation and it continues to be an innovating learning experience for all.
- Our research ranked 11th in the UK and 1st in Wales (Times Higher Education).
- Students will be able to use our facilities and equipment that contain Linux, Mac OS X laboratories and central servers.
- Taught by lecturers who have close links with the industry and software engineering conferences.
- Our researchers in the Physics Department are currently involved with the ExoMars project 2020, which is run by the European Space Agency.
- Students on this course will have access to robotic equipment including Ardvinos, mobile robots and sailing robots
Mae gan bron bob un o ddarlithwyr a chymrodyr dysgu’r Adran Cyfrifiadureg gymwysterau hyd at safon PhD, ac mae gan y gweddill brofiad helaeth ym maes ymchwil neu ddiwydiant. Mae'n rhaid i bob darlithydd a chymrawd dysgu newydd ennill cymhwyster TUAAU, ac felly maent yn Gymrodyr Uwch neu'n Gymrodyr o'r Academi Addysg Uwch. Mae'r adran hefyd yn cyflogi nifer o staff arddangos a thiwtoriaid rhan amser a rhai arddangoswyr sy'n fyfyrwyr, wedi’u dewis o blith ein hisraddedigion a'n huwchraddedigion. Mae ein cymrodyr ymchwil a'n cynorthwywyr ymchwil (y rhan fwyaf ohonynt â gradd PhD) hefyd yn gwneud rhywfaint o waith dysgu o bryd i'w gilydd pan fo hynny'n briodol.
Mae gan bob un o ddarlithwyr yr Adran Ffiseg gymwysterau hyd at safon PhD a hanes o wneud gwaith ymchwil yn eu meysydd arbenigol.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
Our degree prepares you for a variety of careers:
- Software design
- Communications and networking
- Computer applications
- Web development
- IT consultancy and management
- Systems analysis and development
- Computer sales and marketing
- Medical Physicist
- Scientific laboratory technician
- Radiation Protection Practitioner
What skills do I acquire from this degree?
Employability skills are the core values of our degree.
As part of your degree you will be required to take part in a residential where you and other students will have work in teams to solve problems.
This activity will encourage and improve:
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Time Management
- Working Independently and as part of a team
- Organisation skills
- Implementation skills
- Research skills
What work experience opportunities exist whilst studying?
Click here to find out about the various opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer.
Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three year degree scheme.
In this joint honours Computer Science and Physics degree course, you will divide your time equally between each subject.
In the first year you will take core modules in:
- Software development
- Communications and telematics
- Classical dynamics
- Algebra and calculus
- Modern and laboratory physics.
- Your numerical and computational skills are easily transferable between the two disciplines.
In the second year you will explore:
- Program design
- Data structures and algorithms.
- All students participate in the Software Development Lifecycle module which includes a group project where, taking one of the roles which exist in industry, such as project manager, designer, or quality assurance manager, you will produce a working software product, following best current industrial practice at every stage.
- You will also study mathematical and thermal physics alongside quantum mechanics and your choice of optional modules from both departments.
In the third year your core modules include:
- Agile methodologies
- Condensed matter
- Electromagnetism, and atoms and molecules.
- You will also undertake projects in which you will develop and implement a piece of software, and investigate a problem of an experimental, theoretical, data analysis, instrumentation or computer modelling nature under the supervision of a member of the academic staff.
How will I be taught?
You will be taught through a complementary set of teaching and learning methods and approaches, ranging from formal lectures, seminars and tutorials to workshops, practicals and individual and group-based project work.
You will be assessed through a combination of coursework, practicals, presentations, workshops, lab reports, lab diaries, and examinations.
You will be assigned a personal tutor throughout your degree course, who will help you with any problems or queries, whether these are academic-related or personal issues. You should feel free to contact them at any time for help and advice.
You will also have the opportunity to complete a Personal Development Plan (PDP) at Aberystwyth. This is a structured process of self-appraisal, reflection, and planning, which will enable you to chart your personal, academic and professional development throughout your time at university. By recording your academic performance, and highlighting the skills you already have and those you will need for future employability, the PDP portfolio will equip you with the necessary tools to plan effectively, develop successful approaches to study, and consider your future career options and aspirations.
Barn ein Myfyrwyr
Computer Science is a very engaging and diverse subject with emphasis on a wide range of subjects for example: software engineering, web development, networking and career planning. The course is very enjoyable and can be tailored to anyone's preferences and abilities. Oliver Roe
Everyday Physics enhances your understanding of the universe and everything we experience. Passionate scientists inform you of their contributions to science at the forefront of physics. Your time is split between gaining hands-on laboratory experience using exciting equipment including lasers, oscilloscopes and spectrometers, and lectures that will inspire and interest you. Each module challenges your intelligence and allows you to gain knowledge that most people benefit from but do not know exists. Students achieve excellence, and stretch their minds. It requires time and effort, but the skills and understanding you gain are second to none. Sarah Chandler
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBC with B in Physics and B in Mathematics
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
DMM with specified subject and B in A level Mathematics
28 points overall with 5 points in Physics and 5 points in Mathematics at Higher Level
Pass overall with 60% in Physics and 60% in Mathematics
Ystyrir ymgeiswyr yn ôl eu rhinweddau unigol a gall y cynigion amrywio. Am ragor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag: email@example.com