Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
Hyd y Cwrs
Computer Science covers a vast range of topics including programming, computer operating systems, software design, and the engineering of large software systems; meaning it is our Department’s most flexible degree, providing core modules that are key for a career in Computer Science. On our Chartered Institute for IT (BCS) accredited course you will acquire specialist skills such as software engineering, graphics and visualisation, artificial intelligence, robotics, telematics, mobile computing and open source computing, that are highly sought out by employers in this industry. The prestigious MComp in Computer Science is similar to the Bachelors degree but provides two additional years of instruction in the form of an integrated year in industry and an integrated Masters.
Adran Cyfrifiadureg: 92% boddhad myfyrwyr am y cwrs Cyfrifiadureg (ACF 2017)
99% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 9% yn uwch na graddedigion Cyfrifiadureg yn genedlaethol. (HESA 2017)
Aeth 95% o’n graddedigion i swyddi ar lefel broffesiynol, 15% yn uwch na graddedigion Cyfrifiadureg yn genedlaethol. (HESA 2017)
Why study Computer Science (MComp) at Aberystwyth University?
- The Department of Computer Science research ranked 11th in the UK and 1st in Wales (Times Higher Education)
- Students on this course will taught by lecturers who have close links with the industry and software engineering conferences.
At Aberystwyth our Computer Science students have access to:
- regularly updated laboratories providing access to a full range of computing environments including iMacs, Linux and Windows
- core modules in computer science
- use of state of the art research equipment, including mobile robots, sailing robots and manipulator arms, vision and motion tracking systems
Mae gan bron bob un o ddarlithwyr a chymrodyr dysgu’r Adran Cyfrifiadureg gymwysterau hyd at safon PhD, ac mae gan y gweddill brofiad helaeth ym maes ymchwil neu ddiwydiant. Mae'n rhaid i bob darlithydd a chymrawd dysgu newydd ennill cymhwyster TUAAU, ac felly maent yn Gymrodyr Uwch neu'n Gymrodyr o'r Academi Addysg Uwch. Mae'r adran hefyd yn cyflogi nifer o staff arddangos a thiwtoriaid rhan amser a rhai arddangoswyr sy'n fyfyrwyr, wedi’u dewis o blith ein hisraddedigion a'n huwchraddedigion. Mae ein cymrodyr ymchwil a'n cynorthwywyr ymchwil (y rhan fwyaf ohonynt â gradd PhD) hefyd yn gwneud rhywfaint o waith dysgu o bryd i'w gilydd pan fo hynny'n briodol.
Our graduates are eagerly sought by employers, particularly with a Masters-level qualification. The year in industry option on the degree means that students can finish their degree having already had a year’s experience of working in computing, making them even more attractive to employers.
Our degree prepares you for a variety of careers:
- Software design
- Communications and networking
- Computer applications
- Web development
- IT consultancy and management
- Systems analysis and development
- Computer sales and marketing
What skills do I acquire from this degree?
Employability skills are the core values of our degree.
As part of your degree you will be required to take part in a residential where you and other students will have work in teams to solve problems.
This activity will encourage and improve;
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Time Management
- Working Independently and as part of a team
- Organisation skills
- Implementation skills
- Research skills
- Technical skills
Industrial Year students have the opportunity to join a second year residential weekend concentrating on skills to help you find a great placement. This includes:
- CV skills
- Interview practice
- Networking with employers
- Online presence
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the four year degree scheme.
In your first year you will be introduced to:
- Computer Infrastructure
- Web development
- Problems + solutions
In your second and fourth year, you will undertake:
- Our software development life cycle module. This module will allow you to take a role which exists in the industry i.e. project manager, designer etc, you will be required to produce a working software product, following best current industrial practice at every stage.
- Data structures and algorithms
- Plus, other exciting elective modules
- Development processes, techniques and technologies for constructing real operational software
- Individual project, where you will develop a piece of software in an area of particular interest to you
- A range of further electives to specialise in areas of your choice
Your year in industry will be undertaken during your third year.
In your final year you will undertake a team and individual projects as well as modules at Master's level. Open-ended challenges are a chance for you to explore and test your knowledge, and success demands an independent-minded, but nonetheless strictly professional and well-organised approach to study.
How will I be taught?
Our enthusiastic staff will teach you through the medium of lectures, seminars, tutorials, practicals and individual/ group based project work.
You will be assessed through a combination of coursework, practicals, projects, workshops and examinations.
You will be assigned a personal tutor throughout your degree course, who will help you with any problems or queries, whether these are academic-related or personal issues. You should feel free to contact them at any time for help and advice.
You will also have the opportunity to complete a Personal Development Plan (PDP) at Aberystwyth. This is a structured process of self-appraisal, reflection, and planning, which will enable you to chart your personal, academic and professional development throughout your time at university. By recording your academic performance, and highlighting the skills you already have and those you will need for future employability, the PDP portfolio will equip you with the necessary tools to plan effectively, develop successful approaches to study, and consider your future career options and aspirations.
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A AAB
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
32 points overall
Ystyrir ymgeiswyr yn ôl eu rhinweddau unigol a gall y cynigion amrywio. Am ragor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag: email@example.com