Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
Hyd y Cwrs
The world of enterprise is constantly adapting and evolving. The impacts and changes in the business environment in terms of economic events, changes in accounting practices, changes in the regulatory and legal environment, marketing decisions, and the development of business strategies can be the difference between success and failure for a company.
Within the Aberystwyth Business School, Economics studies the human choice and impact of choice on the production, distribution, and consumption of resources. Microeconomics deals with a choice at the individual level whereas macroeconomics analyses the economy as a whole. At Aberystwyth University, the combination of Economics / Business and Management will focus on the practical application of economic ideas, knowledge, and methods within the context of professional decision-making situations. In addition, you will also develop your knowledge of essential elements which include human resource, management, organisational behaviour, business strategy, business, and management.
Bodlonrwydd Myfyrwyr Cyffredinol a Chanlyniadau Cyflogadwyedd
Ymhlith y 10 uchaf yn y DU am Ansawdd y Dysgu ym maes Astudiaethau Rheolaeth a Busnes (Canllaw Prifysgolion Da y 'Times' a'r 'Sunday Times' 2019).
95% o’n myfyrwyr ym maes Busnes a Gweinyddiaeth yn fodlon bod y staff yn esbonio pethau'n dda; 88% yw'r cyfartaledd i'r sector. (ACF 2019)
97% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 3% yn uwch na graddedigion Astudiaethau Busnes a Gweinyddu yn genedlaethol. (HESA 2018*)
Why study Economics / Business and Management at Aberystwyth University?
- You will be taught in the innovating and dynamic Aberystwyth Business School.
- You will gain insight into the world of enterprise.
- An understanding of the impact of changes in the business environment e.g. economic events.
Gain knowledge in the following:
- Changes in accounting practices;
- Changes in the regulatory and legal environment;
- Marketing decisions;
- Business strategies.
On completion of this degree you will possess:
- A broad understanding of management in practice;
- In-depth knowledge of trade and commerce in both the public and private sector;
- A solid grasp in the complexity of management challenges and the combined impact of the economic, financial, human and legal issues that leaders encounter.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
|Teitl y Modiwl||Cod y Modiwl||Gwerth Credyd|
|Egwyddorion Marchnata Ac Ymarfer Cyfoes *||CB17120||20|
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
|Teitl y Modiwl||Cod y Modiwl||Gwerth Credyd|
|Economic Theory And Policy||AB13220||20|
|Fundamentals Of Accounting And Finance||AB11120||20|
|Fundamentals Of Management And Business *||AB15120||20|
|Understanding The Economy||AB13120||20|
A degree in Economics / Business and Management is highly rated by employers and on average attracts particularly high levels of graduate salaries.
Our graduates have progressed into these specialist pathways:
- Chartered Accountant;
- Chartered Certified Accountant;
- Chartered Management Accountant;
- Chartered Public Finance Accountant;
- Investment analysis;
- Financial risk analyst;
- Civil Service;
- Diplomatic Service;
- Local Government.
Studying a degree in Economics will equip you with the following skills:
- Understanding of organisational behaviour and structure;
- Improved numeracy skills and the ability to research, interpret and use business and financial data;
- Deep understanding of the causes and effects of economic and other external changes;
- The ability to communicate clearly written and spoken;
- Effective problem solving;
- Analytical and creative thinking skills;
- Decision- making;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Time-management and organisational skills;
- Self-motivation and self- reliance.
What work experience opportunities exist whilst studying?
Discover more out about the various opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer.
Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three-year degree scheme.
In the first year you may discover:
- Economic principles;
- Economic mathematics and statistics;
- Fundamentals principles of management;
- The dynamics of the modern business environment;
- The use of financial and accounting information in management decisions at operation and strategic levels;
- And a selection of elective modules (including statistics for economists, managing finance and an introduction to management).
In the second year you may explore:
- Policy implications of economic theory;
- Economic interpretation;
- The organisational behaviour and theory;
- An introduction to econometrics;
- Macroeconomic Behaviour and Systems;
- Market structures and pricing strategies;
- The skills, analytical tools and techniques to identify and address problems and opportunities in business management and marketing;
- Development Economics.
In the third year you may study:
- The core understanding of microeconomics and macroeconomics;
- Investment and Financial Instruments;
- The business strategy and how it functions both internally and externally to the business environment;
- Development of Economics;
- Human resource management;
- The understanding of current management thinking from both practical and theoretical perspectives;
- Economics of Labour and Industrial Relations;
- International Trade and Trade Policy.
How will I be taught?
You will be taught through lectures, seminars and tutorials of which are in small groups. You will be required on some modules to deliver presentations, work effectively as part of a group and undertake any essays that are required from you.
At Aberystwyth University, all our modules are placed online for you to study further in the comfort of your room. We also have a wealth of printed texts which are available in our library and the National Library of Wales.
The course is assessed by:
- Assessed essays;
- Dissertation (certain modules).
You will be allocated a personal tutor for the duration of degree at Aberystwyth University.
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBC
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
Mae'r Brifysgol yn gweithredu polisi derbyn cynhwysol a gall ein cynigion amrywio. Edrychwch ar ein tudalennau gwlad-benodol i gael manylion am y cymwysterau rhyngwladol yr ydym yn eu derbyn. I gael rhagor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag firstname.lastname@example.org