Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
Hyd y Cwrs
The BSc Economics degree, here at Aberystwyth University, explores the economic issues that impact on every-day life including: the creation of employment, inflationary pressures, international trade issues, the process of business competition, innovation and growth, the development of third world countries, the protection of natural resources and government policy-making.
With a wide range of modules to choose from you can develop and hone your interests. Research-led teaching and excellent facilities ensure you have the relevant knowledge and transferable skills to progress into your chosen career.
Bodlonrwydd Myfyrwyr Cyffredinol a Chanlyniadau Cyflogadwyedd
92% boddhad cyffredinol ym maes Economeg; 84% yw'r cyfartaledd i'r sector. (ACF 2019)
Ymhlith y 10 uchaf yn y DU am Ansawdd y Dysgu ym maes Economeg (Canllaw Prifysgolion Da y 'Times' a'r 'Sunday Times' 2019).
Ymhlith y 10 uchaf yn y DU am Ansawdd y Dysgu ym maes Astudiaethau Rheolaeth a Busnes (Canllaw Prifysgolion Da y 'Times' a'r 'Sunday Times' 2019).
95% o’n myfyrwyr ym maes Busnes a Gweinyddiaeth yn fodlon bod y staff yn esbonio pethau'n dda; 88% yw'r cyfartaledd i'r sector. (ACF 2019)
97% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 3% yn uwch na graddedigion Astudiaethau Busnes a Gweinyddu yn genedlaethol. (HESA 2018*)
Why study Economics at Aberystwyth?
- Become a student in an established department for research and practice and be taught by expert lecturers who will help you develop your knowledge on economic principles, and become confident with the technical and quantitative aspects of Economics as a study.
- Enhance your career opportunities through our partnerships with business, industry and commerce.
- Be enriched by our visiting speakers who bring their professional experience to the classroom.
- We have arrangements with many partner universities overseas to deliver short academic programmes (2 weeks) to small groups of management and business students (on a self-funding basis), to enable you to experience the impact of the cultural environment when conducting business abroad. We currently have partner universities in India, China, Russia, Japan, the United Arab Emirates and Brazil and our portfolio of countries is rapidly expanding.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
|Teitl y Modiwl||Cod y Modiwl||Gwerth Credyd|
|Economic Theory And Policy||AB13220||20|
|Fundamentals Of Accounting And Finance||AB11120||20|
|Fundamentals Of Management And Business *||AB15120||20|
|Understanding The Economy||AB13120||20|
A degree in Economics is highly rated by employers and on average attracts particularly high levels of graduate salaries.
Our graduates have progressed into these specialist pathways:
- Chartered Accountant;
- Chartered Certified Accountant;
- Chartered Management Accountant;
- Chartered Public Finance Accountant;
- Investment analysis;
- Financial risk analyst;
- Civil Service;
- Diplomatic Service;
- Local Government.
Studying a degree in Economics will equip you with the following skills:
- Understanding of organisational behaviour and structure;
- Improved numeracy skills and the ability to research, interpret and use business and financial data;
- Deep understanding of the causes and effects of economic and other external changes;
- The ability to communicate clearly written and spoken;
- Effective problem solving;
- Analytical and creative thinking skills;
- Decision- making;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Time-management and organisational skills;
- Self-motivation and self- reliance.
What work experience opportunities exist whilst studying?
Discover more out about the various opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer.
Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three year degree scheme.
In the first year you may discover:
- Economic principles;
- Economic mathematics and statistics;
- And a selection of elective modules (including statistics for economists, managing finance and an introduction to management).
In the second year you may explore:
- Policy implications of economic theory;
- Economic interpretation;
- An introduction to econmetrics;
- Macroeconomic Behaviour and Systems;
- Development Economics.
In the third year you may study:
- The core understanding of microeconomics and macroeconomics;
- Investment and Financial Instruments;
- Development of Economics;
- Economics of Labour and Industrial Relations;
- International Trade and Trade Policy.
How will I be taught?
You will be taught through lectures, seminars and tutorials of which are in small groups. You will be required on some modules to deliver presentations, work effectively as part of a group and undertake any essays that are required from you.
At Aberystwyth University, all our modules are placed online for you to study further in the comfort of your room. We also have a wealth of printed texts which are available in our library and the National Library of Wales.
The course is assessed by:
- Assessed essays;
- Dissertation (certain modules).
You will be allocated a personal tutor for the duration of degree at Aberystwyth University.
Barn ein Myfyrwyr
What I love about my course is its scope, broadness and the fact that there is probably no area which is not intertwined with it. Patryk Szostak
I enjoy learning about how the economy works. How money isn't just printed out at any time, but is controlled by the government. Economics allows me to understand the fundamental problems that all societies face. Moreover, it focuses on the interaction of the market and people, how economic agents behave or interact, and how the economy works. Fon Yih Young
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBB
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
28 points overall
Mae'r Brifysgol yn gweithredu polisi derbyn cynhwysol a gall ein cynigion amrywio. Edrychwch ar ein tudalennau gwlad-benodol i gael manylion am y cymwysterau rhyngwladol yr ydym yn eu derbyn. I gael rhagor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag email@example.com