Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
Hyd y Cwrs
The BA Education at Aberystwyth University seeks to develop your knowledge and understanding of the role of education in differing contexts and a wide variety of schools, educational settings and post-16 providers. This degree will provide relevant subject knowledge and professional skills, coupled with a range of educational experiences, which will give you the opportunity to experience employment in a range of professional roles related to education. The BA Education degree has an emphasis on learner support, special educational needs, and classroom practices, with a range of specialist modules in these areas. This degree is also a pathway to entry onto PGCE Primary teacher education programmes.
Yn y 5 uchaf ym Mhrydain am ansawdd y dysgu ym maes Addysg. (The Good University Guide 2018, The Times & Sunday Times).
Ysgol Addysg: 98% boddhad myfyrwyr. (ACF 2017)
100% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 3% yn uwch na graddedigion Addysg yn genedlaethol. (HESA 2017)
Why study in the School of Education at Aberystwyth University?
- The School of Education has been offering stimulating and innovative study programmes for over 100 years.
- The purpose of this degree is:
- To provide an opportunity to develop an understanding of the complex body of knowledge associated with Education
- To enable students to critically engage with the key issues and current research in Education.
- To enable students to critically reflect on and manage their own learning and performance.
- To provide students with an opportunity to acquire the employability skills and personal attributes and values that are necessary for employment, training, or further education.
- Your experience is important to us at Aberystwyth. We strive to make an experience that is memorable and cherished, which is why we are top 5 in the UK and 1st in Wales for student satisfaction (NSS, 2017).
- One of the main reasons why applicants decide to study at a University is for the employability advantages. The School of Education has been delivering career-focused degrees since our establishment, and students who learn on this course will develop the key skills that employers are looking for. The recent DLHE survey (Destination Leavers of Higher Education, 2017), demonstrates that 100% of our 2016 graduates were in work or further study within 6 months of graduating. Our degrees ensure a smooth transition from campus to career.
- Be assured that your time at Aberystwyth University will be worthwhile. Our research led teaching informs our syllabus. Our teaching quality has been recognised by the Good University Guide and the School of Education is ranked in the top 5 in the UK for teaching quality. The University also won UK University of the Year for teaching quality (The Good University Guide, the Times & Sunday Times 2018).
Mae gan ddarlithwyr cyrsiau israddedig yr Ysgol Addysg naill ai gymwysterau hyd at safon PhD neu maent yn ymarferwyr profiadol yn eu maes. Mae gan bob un o'r staff dysgu gymhwyster dysgu cydnabyddedig, neu maent yn gweithio tuag at gymhwyster o'r fath.
Employability is at the core of this degree. During your degree you will have the opportunity to undertake work experience placements in the following modules: The Learner and the Learning Environment, Working with Children and during your dissertation module.
The University also operates the Year in Industry Scheme. Students wishing to complete a year in industry may do so between the second and third year of studying. More information can be found here.
This degree will allow all graduates to apply for a PGCE in Primary Education. Other graduates from the School of Education have explored careers in:
- Social Care
- Speech therapy
- Social work
- Child welfare
- Play therapy
- The Leisure industry
- Child Law
- Childhood research
Students on this course also have the opportunity to study in one of our partnered Universities in Europe under the Erasmus + programme or further afield through our study abroad programmes. Check out what adventures you can start at Aberystwyth University here.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three year degree scheme.
In your first year you may discover:
- The theory and principles surrounding the learner and the learning environment;
- The technology and tools that are used within teaching and learning;
- Effective classroom practices and teaching skills;
- Inclusive learning practices;
- Numeracy and Literacy for All;
In your second year you may explore:
- The importance of safeguarding and professional practice;
- How to support learners with complex needs;
- The policies and perspectives of learning differences and inclusion.
In your third year you may undertake:
- The role of assessment in education;
- Teaching methods;
- A dissertation research project focusing on an area of interest;
- Children’s Rights;
- Supporting learners with special educational needs.
How will I be taught?
Students on this course are taught through a combination of lectures, seminars and tutorials.
Students are also assessed through exam, course work and presentations.
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A CCC
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
28 points overall
Ystyrir ymgeiswyr yn ôl eu rhinweddau unigol a gall y cynigion amrywio. Am ragor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag: firstname.lastname@example.org