Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
BBB-ABB with B in Biology or Human Biology. Candidates taking a science A level with an associated practical skills assessment will also be required to pass the practical component.
Hyd y Cwrs
Combine your desire to undertake work experience whilst studying at University. Our Equine Science and Veterinary Bioscience at Aberystwyth University is engineered to give you the head start in the ever so competitive career market. Equine and Veterinary Biosciences means studying the biology of a range of animal species in such a way as to provide you with the underpinning veterinary medicine and scientific theory and examples using the horse (including some equine specific modules) are used where possible. This includes how nutrition, welfare, anatomy and physiology as well as understanding diseases, their diagnosis and control. It does not provide recognised training for those wishing to practise as a veterinary surgeon, but may provide graduates with a suitable pathway to a veterinary medicine degree programme.
Athrofa Gwyddorau Biolegol, Amgylcheddol a Gwledig (IBERS): 93% boddhad myfyrwyr (ACF 2018)
98% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 3% yn uwch na graddedigion y Gwyddorau Biolegol yn genedlaethol, (HESA 2018*)
Why study Equine and Veterinary Biosciences at Aberystwyth University?
- Study in a University that’s in the top 5 in the UK and 1st in Wales for student satisfaction (NSS,2017)
- The syllabus of this course with the integrated year in industry is identical to its sister course BSc Equine & Veterinary Biosciences (D334) and complete your year in industry. Your work experience must be relevant to this degree and the year is assessed which will count towards your degree grade.
- Students will have to organise their work experience under the guidance of our Director for Employability. There is no guarantee that the work experience will be paid. (If you cannot obtain a placement, then you must transfer to its sister course BSc Equine &Veterinary Biosciences D334).
- During your year in work experience, you will pay a discounted tuition fee of which the information can be found here.
- All students will have access to and use of superb teaching and research facilities including modern laboratories.
- Internationally renowned passionate teaching staff who are experts in their fields for animal science and equine research.
- A fantastic equine centre with Olympic size indoor arena, all-weather manège, round pen, horse walker and livery facilities including turnout.
Mae gan y rhan fwyaf o staff dysgu Athrofa'r Gwyddorau Biolegol, Amgylcheddol a Gwledig gymwysterau hyd at safon PhD ac maent yn ymchwilwyr gweithgar. Hefyd, mae gan staff y cyrsiau galwedigaethol gefndir ym myd diwydiant. Mae yn yr Athrofa nifer fawr o staff sy'n gwneud ymchwil yn unig ac mae'n bosib y bydd y myfyrwyr yn dod i gysylltiad â hwy.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
What opportunities are there for me?
Our alumni are currently in these following fields:
- Research Scientist;
- Working at nutrition companies;
- Progression to MSc and PhD postgraduate study.
Studying Equine science, you will develop specialist skills including:
Ability to evaluate the physiological needs of a range of species in health and disease, with a special emphasis on the horse
Your year in industry:
In the 2016 Highflyers reports, 32% of graduate vacancies are taken by those who have previously worked for a company on a placement or/ a internship. Make no mistake, you will develop confidence and gaining experience in the industry will stimulate your enthusiasm for the subject.
Completing a year in industry will allow you to:
- Apply the learning from your course to the work environment;
- Make industry contacts;
- Develop practical skills related to your area of study;
- Apply your practical skills and technical knowledge after returning to study;
- Enhance your CV and better prepare yourself for a job after graduating.
Students on this scheme should note that the department institute does not have automatic placements for every applicant. You will be responsible for finding securing the work experience, however, you will have the assistance of our institute Work Experience Coordinator and our dedicated careers advisor (James Cuffe, email@example.com). If you fail to find work experience you will be able to convert your course to the three-year version of your subject.
Addysg a Dysgu
If you are interested in the biology that underpins the health and welfare of the horse and range of other animals, then Equine and Veterinary Bioscience is for you. Here’s why we think Aberystwyth is the very best place to make your journey of discovery.
What will I be taught?
You may investigate the subject from both clinical and welfare perspectives through to the latest developments in animal biotechnology, bioethics and infectious diseases. A detailed course structure can be found by clicking the tab 'course content'. Example subject areas include:
- Anatomy and physiology;
- Principles of genetics and metabolism;
- Equine exercise physiology;
- Management of the performance horse;
- Equine study tour;
- Principles veterinary science;
- Animal behaviour and welfare;
- Equine stud management;
- Applied veterinary science;
- Veterinary drugs and veterinary infectious diseases.
How will I be taught?
This course will be delivered through a balanced programme of lectures, seminars, workshops, practicals, field visits, and lab work. You will have an opportunity to develop an understudy of concepts, research and methodology relating to equine and veterinary bioscience. You will explore this learning in laboratory research and experimentation, as well as hands-on exercises. You may also participate in a study tour, which will cover a range of different equine-related organizations and may include racing training stables, studs, racecourses and veterinary hospitals.
You’ll be taught by expert scientists, with an international reputation, who conduct research in a wide range of equine and animal science areas. Our lecturers are passionate teachers too, with years of experience of communicating the science of the horse and other animals.
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBB-ABB with B in Biology or Human Biology. Candidates taking a science A level with an associated practical skills assessment will also be required to pass the practical component.
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics and a Science subject
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
32 points overall with 5 points in Biology or Chemistry at Higher Level
70-75% overall with 75% in a science subject
Mae'r Brifysgol yn gweithredu polisi derbyn cynhwysol a gall ein cynigion amrywio. Edrychwch ar ein tudalennau gwlad-benodol i gael manylion am y cymwysterau rhyngwladol yr ydym yn eu derbyn. I gael rhagor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag firstname.lastname@example.org