Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
Hyd y Cwrs
Our degree in Law with Business Management at Aberystwyth University will allow you to explore and gain the knowledge required for a successful law career in the 21st century. You will be introduced to Law and will study core modules such as Tort, Contract, European and Public Law. In addition to this, you will be studying the key aspects of Business Management which will equip you with the knowledge and expertise for a career in both the Law and Business sector.
Ysgol Gyfraith Aberystwyth: 92% boddhad myfyrwyr ym maes pwng y Gyfraith (ACF 2018)
Ysgol Fusnes Aberystwyth: 91% boddhad myfyrwyr (ACF 2018)
97% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 3% yn uwch na graddedigion Astudiaethau Busnes a Gweinyddu yn genedlaethol. (HESA 2018*)
Why study Law with Business Management at Aberystwyth University?
- A degree from a top 5 UK University and 1 st in Wales for student satisfaction (NSS 2017).
- It is a practical law degree designed to meet employer needs and taught by experienced legal professionals and academics.
- Taught by professionals who are active for large organisations e.g. GRETA, the Country Side Commission for Wales, the Youth Justice Board, the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights.
- Option to participate in our national and international competing Mooting Society, in order to develop your key advocacy and litigation skills. We also offer a Welsh medium Mooting competition for students who wish to moot through the medium of Welsh.
- Accreditation from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
- Insight into the world of enterprise.
- An understanding of the impact of changes in the business environment e.g. economic events.
- We also offer a number of degree schemes and modules taught entirely or partially through the medium of Welsh. Check out the module tab for more information!
Mae gan staff Adran y Gyfraith a Throseddeg gan mwyaf naill ai gymwysterau hyd at safon PhD neu mae ganddynt brofiad proffesiynol a chymwysterau fel cyfreithwyr wrth eu gwaith. Mae gan lawer o'r staff hefyd gymhwyster dysgu uwchraddedig (Addysg Uwch).
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
What can I do with a degree in Law with Business Management?
Your BA in Law with Business Management opens up a range of exciting opportunities for you.You will be a strong candidate for training to become a barrister or a solicitor.You will be a strong candidate for training in the economic sector.
Your future is important to us and our degrees will equip you with the following:
- Possess the confidence in selecting and deploying the most appropriate range of legal methodologies.
- Ability to write and communicate with a range of audiences, evaluating and organizing information.
- Ability to gather, assimilate and interpret a wealth of legal information quickly and accurately.
- The ability to express ideas and communicate information in a clear and structured manner, in both written and oral form
- Effective problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- The ability to work independently
- Time-management and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivation and self-reliance
- Team-working, with the ability to discuss concepts in groups, accommodating different ideas and reaching agreement
- Research skills
What work experience opportunities exist whilst studying?
Click here to find out about the various opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer.
Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three year degree scheme.
In your first year you may explore:
- Fundamental principles of management.
- The dynamics of the modern business environment.
- The use of financial and accounting information in management decisions at operational and strategic levels.
- Marketing principles and the relationship between management and organisation.
- You will receive training in a number of core Law subjects e.g. Contract law, and Tort Law, which must be studied and passed for exemption from the first stage of professional law examinations.
- Explore the structure and development of the English and Welsh Legal system.
- The relationship of the judicial precedent and the court system.
- Analyse the process of creating legislation and how its interpreted by judges.
In your second and third years you may discover:
- The organisational behaviour and theory.
- Theories and techniques of operations management.
- Market structures and pricing strategies.
- The skills, analytical tools and techniques to identify and address problems and opportunities in business management and marketing.
- The business strategy and how it functions both internally and externally to the business environment.
- Human resource management.
- The understanding of current management thinking from both practical and theoretical perspectives.
- A compulsory independent research project which will give you the opportunity to specialize in a particular aspect of business management and marketing.
- Criminal Law.
- EU Law.
- Public Law.
- Equity and the Law of Trusts Land Law.
- You will also be able to tailor your study through careful selection from a range of elective modules.
How will I be taught?
You will be taught through a combination of lectures, tutorials and seminars which are innovating and high quality allowing you to realise your potential.
In your lectures, you will be introduced to key concepts and relevant up to date information. You will also have access to recorded versions of lectures.
Our tutorials and seminars are an opportunity for you to discuss particular legal themes or topics, to evaluate and obtain feedback on your individual learning whilst at the same time improving your construction of legal arguments.
You will be assessed through essays, exams, study logs or portfolios and oral presentations including mooting exercises.
You will be assigned a personal tutor throughout your time at the Aberystwyth Law School. Your personal tutor will be the key contact when you have issues or queries.
You will also have the opportunity to complete a Personal Development Plan (PDP) at Aberystwyth. This is a structured process of self-appraisal, reflection, and planning, which will enable you to chart your personal, academic and professional development throughout your time at university. By recording your academic performance, and highlighting the skills you already have and those you will need for future employability, the PDP portfolio will equip you with the necessary tools to plan effectively, develop successful approaches to study, and consider your future career options and aspirations.
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBB
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
30 points overall
Mae'r Brifysgol yn gweithredu polisi derbyn cynhwysol a gall ein cynigion amrywio. Edrychwch ar ein tudalennau gwlad-benodol i gael manylion am y cymwysterau rhyngwladol yr ydym yn eu derbyn. I gael rhagor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag firstname.lastname@example.org