Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
Hyd y Cwrs
Aberystwyth University has a lively community, rich history, a passion for culture and a thriving arts scene. Here you can take your learning beyond traditional degree programmes and focus on one of six ‘major’ areas that are all taught by experts in their field of Arts and Humanities. Students will also have the opportunity to study any of the four modern languages taught in the department of Modern Languages from beginners or advanced level. If you have broad interests and curiosities in Literary Cultures, Media Cultures, Theatre & Performance, Visual Cultures, and you enjoy finding connections and contrasts between different traditions, this is the ideal degree for you.
Adran Ieithoedd Modern: 93% boddhad myfyrwyr (ACF 2017)
Aeth 85% o’n graddedigion i swyddi ar lefel broffesiynol, 38% yn uwch na graddedigion Ieithoedd yn genedlaethol (DLHE 2017)
Why study Liberal Arts at Aberystwyth University?
- The University is home to one of the largest Arts Centre in Wales.
- Take advantage of the National Library of Wales (one of the UK’s five copyright libraries) which is a five-minute walk away from campus.
- Opportunity to develop your abilities as a writer, thinker and presenter.
- You can investigate the way digital, verbal, performance-based and filmic media help us to construct and interpret our contemporary world and our own roles and opportunities within it.
- Study French, German, Italian or Spanish from beginners or advanced level.
- Understand how the cultural and historical foundations of our contemporary world influence its potential presents and futures.
- You may transfer to the MLib Arts at the end of Year 3, subject to satisfactory performance and gain an additional qualification.
Mae gan bob un o ddarlithwyr yr Adran Ieithoedd Modern gymwysterau hyd at safon PhD ac maent yn gwneud gwaith ymchwil. Rydym hefyd yn cyflogi tiwtoriaid iaith, rhai ohonynt â gradd PhD, a phob un yn addysgwyr profiadol. O bryd i'w gilydd, cyflogwn siaradwyr brodorol o brifysgolion sy'n bartneriaid i ni dramor (lectoriaid), sy'n dod atom â chymeradwyaeth uchel ar sail eu llwyddiant academaidd yn eu prifysgolion eu hunain, ac mae sawl un ohonynt wedi hyfforddi fel addysgwyr. Y pedwerydd grŵp yw'r staff rhan amser a gyflogir ar sail eu harbenigedd mewn maes arbenigol penodol.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
As Liberal Arts graduate, you could pursue careers in many different areas including including business and commerce, law, teaching and academia, journalism and the media, culture and heritage, the civil and uniformed services. This course also provides an excellent foundation for postgraduate study.
What skills do acquire from studying this course?
By studying Liberal Arts at Aberystwyth University, you will be gaining sought after transferable skills by employers. Our programme fosters your analytical, evaluative, critical and creative thinking, together with your ability to learn and synthesise new skills and ideas. You will also demonstrate your organisation skills and capacity to work to deadlines, communicate effectively and carry out independent research.
At a time when the business world is becoming increasingly global, your experience studying abroad will impress a potential employer. You will learn to view the world from fresh perspectives, becoming more independent, mature, versatile and confident in the process.
What work experience opportunities exist whilst studying?
Click here to find out about the various opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer.
Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three year degree scheme.
- In your first year you will discover modules from a range of different disciplines, you will take two specially-designed core modules. These will help you develop your critical thinking across traditional subject boundaries and explore broad questions from a number of perspectives.
- In your second year you will explore a choice of six thematic areas and also take modules from a broad range of disciplines to supplement your learning. The thematic areas are: ‘Exploring the Past’, ‘Languages’, ‘Literary Cultures’, ‘Media Cultures’, ‘Theatre & Performance’ and ‘Visual Cultures’.
- In your third year you undertake research training (in the first semester) and write a dissertation (with regular sessions of individual tutorial guidance) during the second semester on a topic covering a chosen aspect of your ‘major’ area.
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBB-AAB
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
30-34 points overall
Ystyrir ymgeiswyr yn ôl eu rhinweddau unigol a gall y cynigion amrywio. Am ragor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag: email@example.com