Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
Hyd y Cwrs
Taught in the oldest and most established Law School in Wales, Aberystwyth's LLB Law degree is both challenging and stimulating. The Bar Standards Board and the Solicitors Regulation Authority recognise the degree - providing a direct route into the legal profession.You will benefit from the experience and enthusiasm of our expert staff, many of whom have also practised as solicitors - providing a practical application to your theoretical studies.By nurturing ingenuity and "outside of the box" thinking, you will emerge from the degree with real world capabilities, enabling you to shape your future and develop the career you deserve.
Ysgol Gyfraith Aberystwyth: 92% boddhad myfyrwyr ym maes pwng y Gyfraith (ACF 2018)
This twenty-first century LLB Law Degree encompasses a range of traditional and contemporary legal subjects and will deliver the skills and competences which will make you ‘career ready’ and to enhance your employability in a legal context.
Why study Law at Aberystwyth University?
- It is a practical law degree designed to meet employer needs and taught by experienced legal professionals and academics.
- Upon completion, you will be eligible to continue vocational training on the Legal Practice Course (LPC), or the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC).
- Successful completion of particular modules will grant you exemption from certain professional examinations.
- Taught by professionals who are active for large organisations e.g. GRETA, the Country Side Commission for Wales, the Youth Justice Board, the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights.
- Excellent social and professional opportunities, visits to Law Fairs and Inns of Court in London.
- Option to do a work placement module in different areas of law.
- Option to study abroad in the second year at one of our many partner universities in Europe, USA, Canada and Australia.
- Option to participate in our national and international competing Mooting Society, in order to develop your key advocacy and litigation skills. We also offer a Welsh medium Mooting competition for students who wish to moot through the medium of Welsh.
Mae gan staff Adran y Gyfraith a Throseddeg gan mwyaf naill ai gymwysterau hyd at safon PhD neu mae ganddynt brofiad proffesiynol a chymwysterau fel cyfreithwyr wrth eu gwaith. Mae gan lawer o'r staff hefyd gymhwyster dysgu uwchraddedig (Addysg Uwch).
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
Your LLB in Law opens up a range of exciting opportunities for you.
- You will be a strong candidate for training to become a barrister or a solicitor.
- Your LLB in Law offers you the possibility to succeed in many different areas including criminology, financial management, business, human resources, international relations, journalism and education.
Your future is important to us and our degrees will equip you with the following:
- Possess the confidence in selecting and deploying the most appropriate range of legal methodologies;
- Ability to write and communicate with a range of audiences, evaluating and organising information;
- Ability to gather, assimilate and interpret a wealth of legal information quickly and accurately;
- The ability to express ideas and communicate information in a clear and structured manner, in both written and oral form;
- Effective problem-solving and creative thinking skills;
- The ability to work independently;
- Time-management and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines;
- Self-motivation and self-reliance;
- Team-work, with the ability to discuss concepts in groups, accommodating different ideas and reaching agreement;
- Research skills.
What opportunities are there as a student at Aberystwyth Law School?
Discover more about the various opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer.
Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three year degree scheme.
The First Year:
- You will receive core training in a number of subjects e.g. Contract law, Criminal Law and Tort Law, which must be studied and passed for exemption from the first stage of professional law examinations;
- Explore the structure and development of the English and Welsh Legal system;
- The relationship of the judicial precedent and the court system;
- Analyse the process of creating legislation and how its interpreted by judges.
The second year and third year, you will be introduced to:
- EU Law;
- Public Law;
- Equity and the Law of Trusts Land Law;
- You will also be able to tailor your study through careful selection from a range of elective modules.
How will I be taught?
You will be taught through a combination of lectures, tutorials and seminars which are innovating and high quality allowing you to realise your potential.
In your lectures, you will be introduced to key concepts and relevant up to date information. You will also have access to recorded versions of lectures.
Our tutorials and seminars are an opportunity for you to discuss particular legal themes or topics, to evaluate and obtain feedback on your individual learning whilst at the same time improving your construction of legal arguments.
You will be assessed through essays, exams, study logs or portfolios and oral presentations including mooting exercises.
You will be assigned a personal tutor throughout your time at the Aberystwyth Law School. Your personal tutor will be the key contact when you have issues or queries.
You will also have the opportunity to complete a Personal Development Plan (PDP) at Aberystwyth. This is a structured process of self-appraisal, reflection, and planning, which will enable you to chart your personal, academic and professional development throughout your time at university. By recording your academic performance, and highlighting the skills you already have and those you will need for future employability, the PDP portfolio will equip you with the necessary tools to plan effectively, develop successful approaches to study, and consider your future career options and aspirations
Barn ein Myfyrwyr
Law is a challenging subject which stretches me each and every day and that is exactly why I enjoy it! Thanks to both the brilliant staff and the extensive resources available to students, the challenge remains one which I’ve never felt was out of my grasp. Aberystwyth itself is a great town, ideal for a variety of students. It has something to offer for everyone, and I know of no better place to make close friends. The town is very relaxed and welcoming, and when it is sunny there is no place in the UK I’d rather be.
Andrew James Hall
I chose to study the LLB Law degree as I wanted to go on to train as a solicitor. One of the great things about the degree is the wide range of optional modules you can choose, and if they don't run every year, as some don't, they run every other year so you are guaranteed to have the chance to do the ones you want. Also, the staff are extremely friendly and approachable, meaning that any problems, issues or questions you have will be answered quickly and easily. Whilst it involves a lot of hard work, as does any degree, it is well worth it in the end, and you will have fun and gain experience along the way!
Katie Jayne Mansell
The combination of a brilliant course with a beautiful town is perfect. I have loved studying Law at Aberystwyth over the past 3 years. Although it has been hard work and exhausting, it has been thrilling and challenging as well. All the lecturers, tutors and staff are fantastically friendly and helpful and care about the department and the way modules are taught. The Law library houses everything you need for your degree, so you don’t need to go far. Law attracts so many different personalities and students from different backgrounds and spending 3 years with them is great. The modules offer great choice.
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBB
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
30 points overall
Mae'r Brifysgol yn gweithredu polisi derbyn cynhwysol a gall ein cynigion amrywio. Edrychwch ar ein tudalennau gwlad-benodol i gael manylion am y cymwysterau rhyngwladol yr ydym yn eu derbyn. I gael rhagor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag email@example.com