Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
BBB with B in Spanish unless to be studied as a beginner
Hyd y Cwrs
Ysgol Gyfraith Aberystwyth: 90% boddhad myfyrwyr (ACF 2017)
100% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 5% yn uwch na graddedigion y Gyfraith yn genedlaethol (HESA 2017)
Adran Ieithoedd Modern: 93% boddhad myfyrwyr (ACF 2017)
Aeth 85% o’n graddedigion i swyddi ar lefel broffesiynol, 38% yn uwch na graddedigion Ieithoedd yn genedlaethol (HESA 2017)
Why study LLB Law with Spanish at Aberystwyth University?
- It is a practical law degree designed to meet employer needs and taught by experienced legal professionals and academics
- Upon completion, you will be eligible to continue vocational training on the Legal Practice Course (LPC), or the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC)
- Successful completion of particular modules will grant you exemption from certain professional examinations
- Taught by professionals who are active for large organisations e.g. GRETA, the Country Side Commission for Wales, the Youth Justice Board, the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Excellent social and professional opportunities, visits to Law Fairs and Inns of Court in London
- Experience a Year Abroad under the Erasmus + Programme and study with one of our partner Universities in Spanish
- Option to participate in our national and international competing Mooting Society, in order to develop your key advocacy and litigation skills. We also offer a Welsh medium Mooting competition for students who wish to moot through the medium of Welsh
Mae gan staff Adran y Gyfraith a Throseddeg gan mwyaf naill ai gymwysterau hyd at safon PhD neu mae ganddynt brofiad proffesiynol a chymwysterau fel cyfreithwyr wrth eu gwaith. Mae gan lawer o'r staff hefyd gymhwyster dysgu uwchraddedig (Addysg Uwch).
Mae gan bob un o ddarlithwyr yr Adran Ieithoedd Modern gymwysterau hyd at safon PhD ac maent yn gwneud gwaith ymchwil. Rydym hefyd yn cyflogi tiwtoriaid iaith, rhai ohonynt â gradd PhD, a phob un yn addysgwyr profiadol. O bryd i'w gilydd, cyflogwn siaradwyr brodorol o brifysgolion sy'n bartneriaid i ni dramor (lectoriaid), sy'n dod atom â chymeradwyaeth uchel ar sail eu llwyddiant academaidd yn eu prifysgolion eu hunain, ac mae sawl un ohonynt wedi hyfforddi fel addysgwyr. Y pedwerydd grŵp yw'r staff rhan amser a gyflogir ar sail eu harbenigedd mewn maes arbenigol penodol.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
From Campus to Career
Your LLB in Law with Spanish opens up a range of exciting opportunities for you.
- You will be a strong candidate for training to become a barrister or a solicitor
- Your LLB in Law offers you the possibility to succeed in many different areas including criminology, financial management, business, human resources, international relations, journalism and education
Your future is important to us and our degrees with equip you with the following skills:
- Possess the confidence in selecting and deploying the most appropriate range of legal methodologies
- Ability to write and communicate with a range of audiences, evaluating and organizing information
- Ability to gather, assimilate and interpret a wealth of legal information quickly and accurately
- The ability to express ideas and communicate information in a clear and structured manner, in both written and oral form
- Effective problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- The ability to work independently
- Time-management and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivation and self-reliance
- Team-work, with the ability to discuss concepts in groups, accommodating different ideas and reaching agreement
- Research skills
What opportunities are there as a student at Aberystwyth Law School?
- Click here to find out about the various opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer
- Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the four year degree scheme.
During your four years, you will have four weekly hours of language work, which includes:
In your first year:
- You will receive core training in a number of subjects e.g. Contract law, Criminal Law and Tort Law, which must be studied and passed for exemption from the first stage of professional law examinations
- Explore the structure and development of the English and Welsh Legal system
- The relationship of the judicial precedent and the court system
- Analyse the process of creating legislation and how its interpreted by judges
- Take the core language modules which include, listening, reading, writing, translation speaking
Your third year will be spent on the Erasmus + Programme where you will study with one of our partner Universities in Spain.
The second year and fourth you may be introduced to:
- EU Law
- Public Law
- Equity and the Law of Trusts Land Law
- You will also develop your language skills further with intense language classes with the Department of Modern Languages
- You will also be able to tailor your study through careful selection from a range of elective modules
How will I be taught?
- You will be taught through a combination of lectures, tutorials and seminars which are innovating and high quality allowing you to realise your potential
- In your lectures, you will be introduced to key concepts and relevant up to date information. You will also have access to recorded versions of lectures
- Our tutorials and seminars are an opportunity for you to discuss particular legal themes or topics, to evaluate and obtain feedback on your individual learning whilst at the same time improving your construction of legal arguments
- You will be assessed through essays, exams, study logs or portfolios and oral presentations including mooting exercises
- You will be assigned a personal tutor throughout your time at the Aberystwyth Law School. Your personal tutor will be the key contact when you have issues or queries
- You will also have the opportunity to complete a Personal Development Plan (PDP) at Aberystwyth. This is a structured process of self-appraisal, reflection, and planning, which will enable you to chart your personal, academic and professional development throughout your time at university. By recording your academic performance, and highlighting the skills you already have and those you will need for future employability, the PDP portfolio will equip you with the necessary tools to plan effectively, develop successful approaches to study, and consider your future career options and aspirations
Barn ein Myfyrwyr
Law is a challenging subject which stretches me each and every day and that is exactly why I enjoy it! Thanks to both the brilliant staff and the extensive resources available to students, the challenge remains one which I’ve never felt was out of my grasp. Aberystwyth itself is a great town, ideal for a variety of students; it has something to offer for everyone and I know of no better place to make close friends. The town is very relaxed and welcoming, and when it is sunny there is no place in the UK I’d rather be. Andrew James Hall
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBB with B in Spanish unless to be studied as a beginner
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
DMM-DDM with specified subject
30 points overall with 5 points in Spanish at Higher Level unless to be studied as a beginner
70-75% overall with 70% in Spanish unless to be studied as a beginner
Ystyrir ymgeiswyr yn ôl eu rhinweddau unigol a gall y cynigion amrywio. Am ragor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag: firstname.lastname@example.org