Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
ABC with A in Mathematics or BBB with B in Mathematics
Hyd y Cwrs
The multi-accredited Mathematics with Accounting & Finance Degree (G1N4) at Aberystwyth University will develop your appreciation of advanced mathematical and statistical techniques and their application in the key areas of business finance and accountancy. This course is not only accredited by the IMA (the Institute of Mathematics and its Application), but also from the world’s leading accountancy bodies such as the ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, CIPFA, CII, ICSA. Teaching on the Mathematics with Accounting & Finance Degree is shared between the Department of Mathematics and the Aberystwyth Business School and you will benefit from the expertise of our lecturers in both disciplines. In addition to the mathematical and analytical skills you will acquire through your Mathematics with Accounting & Finance Degree, you will also gain a broad range of transferable skills that are highly valued by employers.
Adran Mathemateg: Gorau yn y Du ar gyfer Ansawdd y Dysgu yn y maes pwnc Mathemateg. (The Complete University Guide 2018, The Times & Sunday Times).
Adran Mathemateg: 3ydd yn y DU am fodlonrwydd myfyrwyr am ddysgu ar y pynciau Mathemateg ac Ystadegyn (ACF 2017)
93% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 1% yn uwch na graddedigion Mathemateg yn genedlaethol (DLHE 2017)
Ysgol Fusnes Aberystwyth: Deg Uchaf yn DU am fodlonrwydd myfyrwyr am y dysgu mewn pynciau Marchnata/ Economeg a Chyllid (ACF 2017)
95% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 2% yn uwch na graddedigion Astudiaethau Busnes a Gweinyddu yn genedlaethol. (DLHE 2017)
The Mathematics with Accounting and Finance is a major/minor scheme meaning that you will spend two-thirds of your time studying Mathematics in the Department of Mathematics and one-third studying Accounting and Finance in Aberystwyth's Business School.
Why study Mathematics with Accounting & Finance at Aberystwyth?
- Mathematics has been taught at Aberystwyth University since 1872, making the university the first in Wales to teach this subject. Our established heritage alongside our strong research-based teaching that our students benefit from an innovative and stimulating learning experience.
- Study in a University that is ranked top 4 in the UK and 1st in Wales for student satisfaction (NSS, 2016).
- The Department of Mathematics is the best department in Wales for Research, with 1 out of 8 of our research as world leading and more than 60% as either world leading or internationally excellent (REF 2014) .
- Enjoy the programme of guest speakers who bring their professional experience to our classrooms. This is delivered by Aberystwyth Business School to enhance your outlook and inspire you during your degree.
- The Aberystwyth Business School has arrangements with many partner universities overseas to deliver short academic programmes (2 weeks) to small groups of management and business students (on a self-funding basis), to enable you to experience the impact of the cultural environment when conducting business abroad. We currently have partner universities in India, China, Russia, Japan, the United Arab Emirates and Brazil and our portfolio of countries is rapidly expanding.
- Some Mathematics modules are available through the medium of Welsh. Further details may be obtained from the Department of Mathematics.
Mae’r holl ddarlithwyr yn yr Adran Mathemateg wedi’u cymhwyso i lefel PhD ac yn weithgar ym myd ymchwil. Mae gan y rhan fwyaf gymhwyster addysgu uwchraddedig ac mae’n rhaid i staff newydd gwblhau’r TUAAU. Mae’r adran hefyd yn cyflogi nifer o diwtoriaid rhan-amser, sydd â phrofiad dysgu eang, a rhai arddangoswyr sy’n cael eu dewis o blith ein myfyrwyr israddedig ac uwchraddedig.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
A degree in Mathematics and Accounting and Finance is valuable in employment where you will be required to use specialist numerical skills and analytical thought.
These careers include:
- Accountancy and Banking
- Risk analysis and actuarial work
- Financial management
- Investment analysis
- Information Technology
- Research and development
This degree is designed to cultivate transferable skills ensuring that our graduates are attractive to employers in a wide range of fields, which include:
- Analysing data
- Organisational skills
- Teamwork and communication skills
Work experience opportunities
The department supports students seeking voluntary work, particularly in the teaching of mathematics in all sectors. Further information can be obtained from the department.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
- In the first year you will follow a clearly defined pathway through the study of core disciplines, including algebra and calculus, coordinate and vector geometry, probability, mathematical analysis, differential equations, and statistics. In Accounting you will be introduced to the three key areas of financial accounting, management accounting, and financial management.
- In the second and third years you will study real analysis, and abstract and linear algebra as core subjects, supplemented by a range of optional modules which will allow you to specialise in particular areas. In Accounting you will further develop your competencies in management accounting and financial accounting, and will additionally focus on investment analysis, portfolio selection, risk management and corporate finance.
How will I be taught?
- Core material is delivered through lectures, and reinforced by small-group seminars and tutorials. These will help you to deepen your understanding of the subject matter and develop a range of essential, transferable skills. Group-working and delivering presentations will help you to improve your communication and leadership skills. All modules are backed up by electronic resources to help you study beyond the classroom, and a wealth of printed texts is available in the University library, and the National Library of Wales, which is situated next to the main campus.
- You will be assessed by a variety of methods, including examinations, assessed essays, reports, projects and presentations. Coursework will develop your capacity to research, analyse and present data clearly and coherently, while seminars will help you hone your presentation and communication skills.
- You will be assigned a personal tutor throughout your degree course, who will help you with any problems or queries, whether these are academic-related or personal issues. You should feel free to contact them at any time for help and advice.
- You will also have the opportunity to complete a Personal Development Plan (PDP) at Aberystwyth. This is a structured process of self-appraisal, reflection, and planning, which will enable you to chart your personal, academic and professional development throughout your time at university. By recording your academic performance, and highlighting the skills you already have and those you will need for future employability, the PDP portfolio will equip you with the necessary tools to plan effectively, develop successful approaches to study, and consider your future career options and aspirations.
Barn ein Myfyrwyr
There is never a boring topic and the course goes much deeper into mathematics than I was expecting. There are so many different modules to choose from that you will always find something to interest you. The lecturers are always willing to help. Elin Wyn Hughes
Maths is a great course with really friendly and approachable lecturers. The content is always really interesting, but challenging to the right extent. The whole department works effectively to offer all the facilities needed to gain a good degree. Jennifer O'Neil
The Accounting and Finance degree has given me a broad understanding of business and allowed me to build on my knowledge of industry and the economy as a whole. I love studying accounting because it gives me a totally different perspective on the world of business. Accounting is so much more than most people think it is; it's not just people sitting around doing book-keeping. It has allowed me to break down companies and given me a much better understanding of their intricacies as well as their potential. Emma Louise Taberner
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A ABC with A in Mathematics or BBB with B in Mathematics
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
DMM-DDM with A/B in A level Mathematics
28-30 points with 4-5 points in Mathematics at Higher Level
70% overall with 75% in Mathematics
Ystyrir ymgeiswyr yn ôl eu rhinweddau unigol a gall y cynigion amrywio. Am ragor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag: email@example.com