Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
ABC with A in Mathematics or BBB with B in Mathematics
Hyd y Cwrs
Mathematics and Economics at Aberystwyth University will allow you to develop your knowledge in advanced mathematical and statistical techniques. This course is accredited the IMA (The Institute of Mathematics and its Applications). You will also explore the key areas of business finance and economics. This stimulating degree is designed to offer you a qualification that will be highly attractive to employers in diverse fields.
Ar y brig ym Mhrydain am ansawdd y dysgu ym maes Mathemateg. (The Good University Guide 2018, The Times & Sunday Times).
Adran Mathemateg: 3ydd yn y DU am fodlonrwydd myfyrwyr am ddysgu ar y pynciau Mathemateg ac Ystadegyn (ACF 2017)
93% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 1% yn uwch na graddedigion Mathemateg yn genedlaethol (HESA 2017)
Ysgol Fusnes Aberystwyth: Deg Uchaf yn DU am fodlonrwydd myfyrwyr am y dysgu mewn pynciau Marchnata/ Economeg a Chyllid (ACF 2017)
95% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 2% yn uwch na graddedigion Astudiaethau Busnes a Gweinyddu yn genedlaethol. (HESA 2017)
The Mathematics with Economics Degree is a major/minor scheme meaning that you will spend two-thirds of your time studying Mathematics in the Department of Mathematics and one-third studying Economics in Aberystwyth's Business School.
Why study Mathematics with Economics at Aberystwyth?
- Mathematics has been taught at Aberystwyth University since 1872, making the university the first in Wales to teach this subject. Our established heritage alongside our strong research-based teaching that our students benefit from an innovative and stimulating learning experience.
- Study in a University that is ranked top 4 in the UK and 1st in Wales for student satisfaction (NSS, 2016).
- The Department of Mathematics is the best department in Wales for Research, with 1 out of 8 of our research as world leading and more than 60% as either world leading or internationally excellent (REF 2014) .
- Enjoy the programme of guest speakers who bring their professional experience to our classrooms. This is delivered by Aberystwyth Business School to enhance your outlook and inspire you during your degree.
- Students will have the opportunity to take part in study placement with one of our partners across Europe or further afield in countries such as:India, China, Russia, Japan, UAE and Brazil.
- Some of our modules are offered through the medium of welsh for those who wish to study through the Welsh language.
Mae’r holl ddarlithwyr yn yr Adran Mathemateg wedi’u cymhwyso i lefel PhD ac yn weithgar ym myd ymchwil. Mae gan y rhan fwyaf gymhwyster addysgu uwchraddedig ac mae’n rhaid i staff newydd gwblhau’r TUAAU. Mae’r adran hefyd yn cyflogi nifer o diwtoriaid rhan-amser, sydd â phrofiad dysgu eang, a rhai arddangoswyr sy’n cael eu dewis o blith ein myfyrwyr israddedig ac uwchraddedig.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
A degree in Mathematics and Economics is valuable in employment where you will be required to use specialist numerical skills and analytical thought.
These careers include:
- Accountancy and Banking
- Risk analysis and actuarial work
- Financial management
- Investment analysis
- Information Technology
- Research and development
This degree is designed to cultivate transferable skills ensuring that our graduates are attractive to employers in a wide range of fields, which include:
- Analysing data
- Organisational skills
- Teamwork and communication skills
Work experience opportunities
The department supports students seeking voluntary work, particularly in the teaching of mathematics in all sectors. Further information can be obtained from the department.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three year degree scheme.
- In the first year, you will follow a clearly defined pathway through the study of core disciplines of mathematics and you will be introduced to the fundamental principles underlying microeconomics and macroeconomics.
- In the second year you will study real analysis, complex analysis, and linear algebra. You will examine consumer theory, and will gain a detailed understanding of how the open economy operates, particularly with regard to exchange rate determination.
- In the third year you will be able to direct your own study and specialise further by choosing from a wide range of elective modules in both disciplines.
How will I be taught?
- You will be taught through a complementary set of teaching and learning methods and approaches, ranging from formal lectures, seminars and tutorials to practicals and individual and group-based project work.
- You will be assessed through a combination of coursework, presentations, reports and examinations.
- You will be assigned a personal tutor throughout your degree course, who will help you with any problems or queries, whether these are academic-related or personal issues. You should feel free to contact them at any time for help and advice.
- You will also have the opportunity to complete a Personal Development Plan (PDP) at Aberystwyth. This is a structured process of self-appraisal, reflection, and planning, which will enable you to chart your personal, academic and professional development throughout your time at university. By recording your academic performance, and highlighting the skills you already have and those you will need for future employability, the PDP portfolio will equip you with the necessary tools to plan effectively, develop successful approaches to study, and consider your future career options and aspirations.
Barn ein Myfyrwyr
Maths is a great course with really friendly and approachable lecturers. The content is always really interesting, but challenging to the right extent. The whole department works effectively to offer all the facilities needed to gain a good degree. Jennifer O'Neil
I enjoy learning about how the economy works. How money isn't just printed out at any time, but is controlled by the government. Economics allows me to understand the fundamental problems that all societies face. Moreover, it focuses on the interaction of the market and people, how economic agents behave or interact, and how the economy works. Fon Yih Young
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A ABC with A in Mathematics or BBB with B in Mathematics
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
DMM-DDM with A/B in A level Mathematics
28-30 points with 4-5 points in Mathematics at Higher Level
70% overall with 75% in Mathematics
Ystyrir ymgeiswyr yn ôl eu rhinweddau unigol a gall y cynigion amrywio. Am ragor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag: firstname.lastname@example.org