Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
BBC with B in a relevant language unless to be studied as a beginner
Hyd y Cwrs
Gwybodaeth ar gyfer mynediad ym mis Medi 2017 sydd ar y dudalen hon. I weld gwybodaeth am 2018, gan gynnwys y graddau gofynnol, edrychwch yn ein prosbectws.
The BA in Modern Languages with Business Management will prepare you for the perfect introduction to a career in the business world, in addition to combining the study of two Modern Languages (French, German or Spanish). This four-year degree will allow you spend a year abroad, which will be of significant advantage when seeking employment, demonstrating your independence and highly developed communication skills. Our teaching experts will guide you through the areas of language, culture, marketing, operations management, finance and other key areas of Business Management to name a few. This degree is engineered for a student who want to excel and succeed to the top level of global business management practice with highly fluency competencies in the chosen languages.
Adran Ieithoedd Modern: 93% boddhad myfyrwyr (ACF 2017)
Aeth 85% o’n graddedigion i swyddi ar lefel broffesiynol, 38% yn uwch na graddedigion Ieithoedd yn genedlaethol (DLHE 2017)
Ysgol Fusnes Aberystwyth: Deg Uchaf yn DU am fodlonrwydd myfyrwyr am y dysgu mewn pynciau Marchnata/ Economeg a Chyllid (ACF 2017)
95% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 2% yn uwch na graddedigion Astudiaethau Busnes a Gweinyddu yn genedlaethol. (DLHE 2017)
- Addysg a Dysgu
Why study Modern Languages with Business Management at Aberystwyth University?
- Study in a department that is 1st for French and among the top 5 for Spanish in the UK for student satisfaction (NSS, 2016)
- Benefit from 4 hours of language work per week during your four degree (most universities offer 2-3)
- Excel within an exceptionally friendly environment, where you will have close contact with teaching staff
- Explore a different culture with our vast range of choices for your year abroad: you can tailor it for yourself with our numerous erasmus links across Europe
- Deepen your understanding of the impact changes in the business environment e.g. economic events
- Gain knowledge in the following:
Changes in the regulatory and legal environment
Spanish Language and Culture
- On completion of this degree you will possess:
A broad understanding of management in practice
The ability to communicate in both English and your chosen Modern Languages
In-depth knowledge of trade and commerce in both the public and private sector
A solid grasp in the complexity of management challenges and the combined impact of the economic, financial, human and legal issues that managers deal with.
Mae gan bob un o ddarlithwyr yr Adran Ieithoedd Modern gymwysterau hyd at safon PhD ac maent yn gwneud gwaith ymchwil. Rydym hefyd yn cyflogi tiwtoriaid iaith, rhai ohonynt â gradd PhD, a phob un yn addysgwyr profiadol. O bryd i'w gilydd, cyflogwn siaradwyr brodorol o brifysgolion sy'n bartneriaid i ni dramor (lectoriaid), sy'n dod atom â chymeradwyaeth uchel ar sail eu llwyddiant academaidd yn eu prifysgolion eu hunain, ac mae sawl un ohonynt wedi hyfforddi fel addysgwyr. Y pedwerydd grŵp yw'r staff rhan amser a gyflogir ar sail eu harbenigedd mewn maes arbenigol penodol.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
What can I do with a degree in Modern Languages and Business studies?
Employability is embedded across our teaching within the Department of Modern Languages. The Year Abroad is where our graduates are more distinguished than others. On successful completion of the Year Abroad, students return with an increased skill set, stronger language competencies and the ability to adapt in any situations.
Recent graduates from Aberystwyth University have found employment as marketing executives and sales strategists, in companies such as Global Platinum, Click Consult and Mencap.
Other graduates have also been successful in the following areas:
- Translation and Interpretation
- Human Resources
- Website development
- International Banking
- Civil Service
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the four year degree scheme.
During your four years, you will have four weekly hours of language work, which includes:
In your first year you will:
- Introduction to literary studies and civilisation
- European Film
- Politics and culture of language across Europe
- Hispanic civilisation
- The cultural history of Italy
- Ways of reading German literature
- Fundamental principles of management
- The dynamics of the modern business environment
- The use of financial and accounting information in management decisions at operational and strategic levels
- Marketing principles and the relationship between management and organisation
In the second year you will:
- Possibility of independent research project
- Option of specialised languages modules (language of business etc.)
- A vast choice of content modules on literature, film and art
- Modern Literature
- Prose in German literature
- Current issues in French and francophone society
- Teaching English to speakers of other languages
- The organisational behaviour and theory
- Theories and techniques of operations management
- Market structures and pricing strategies
- The skills, analytical tools and techniques to identify and address problems and opportunities in business management and marketing
In your third year, you will take part in your Year Abroad where you will study with our partner Universities under the Erasmus + Programme
In your final year you will:
- Semantics and Lexicography
- Cultural and Artistic Movements
- French Literature of 18th and 19th Century
- Current issues in a Spanish speaking country
- A compulsory independent research project
- The business strategy and how it functions both internally and externally to the business environment
- The understanding of current management thinking from both practical and theoretical perspectives
- A compulsory independent research project which will give you the opportunity to specialize in a particular aspect of business management and marketing
- Optional modules are available to allow you to direct your learning and preferred specialism
How will I be taught?
Our students are taught through the medium of lectures, seminars and language workshops
We assess our students in variety of ways depending on the modules. In our language classes you will be assessed through continuous assessments and an exam at the end of Year 1 and Year 4. Our elective and compulsory modules are assessed through coursework in the format of a presentation and/ or essay and an examination.
Your progress will be regularly monitored through tutorial consultations and with the Personal Development Portfolio (PDP). In your last year, in order to prepare you for life after university, the PDP is replaced by writing a CV and cover letter in French.
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBC with B in a relevant language unless to be studied as a beginner
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
DMM with specified subjects
28 points overall with 5 points in a relevant language at Higher Level unless to be studied as a beginner
68% with 70% in a relevant language unless to be studied as a beginner
Ystyrir ymgeiswyr yn ôl eu rhinweddau unigol a gall y cynigion amrywio. Am ragor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag: email@example.com