Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
BBC with C in Spanish unless to be studied as a beginner
Hyd y Cwrs
The BA Spanish and Latin American Studies is a four year degree scheme designed to provide you with a profound practical knowledge of the Spanish language and will equip you with the much-needed tools to reflect on past and contemporary literature, society, cinema, translation and politics both in Spain and Latin America. This is a four year degree with the third year spent abroad in either Spain or Latin America, in one of a number of options, either studying or gaining valuable work experience. This degree has two pathways in the first year only: one for students with an A-Level (or equivalent) in Spanish and another for those with little or no current knowledge of the language through the Beginners’ route. Scroll down to find out more!
Adran Ieithoedd Modern: 92% boddhad myfyrwyr ym maes pwnc Ieithoedd (ACF 2018)
95% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 4% yn uwch na graddedigion Ieithoedd yn genedlaethol. (HESA 2018)
Why study BA Spanish and Latin American Studies?
- Aberystwyth is top in Wales for Iberian Languages (The Complete University Guide, 2017) and ranked 8th in the UK for Modern Languages (The Guardian 2019 league table).
- In the 2018 Complete University Guide, Iberian Studies at Aberystwyth was ranked 3rd in the UK.
- For the subject of Modern Languages, Aberystwyth University is ranked 5th in the UK for students entering employment or further study 6 months after graduation. (The Guardian League Table, 2018)
- If you are a Beginner in the Spanish Language, do not worry, you will be taught on our Spanish Beginners Language course and in your first year, your language skills will rapidly advance and you will join the Advanced students in the second year.
- If you are entering this course with a Spanish A-Level (or equivalent), you will continue to develop your linguistic competencies but at the same time be enrolled onto the Hispanic Civilisation course where you will begin your journey through the culture, literature, film and politics of Spain and Latin America.
- You will also have the opportunity to study Brazilian-Portuguese to enhance your employability opportunities further.
- Our ground-breaking ‘Study and Research skills’ course in the first year will equip you with the most advanced skills necessary to successfully complete your degree.
- The Department of Modern Languages is a close knit department in which the student is the primary focus. We know all of our students by name and a real sense of community is developed in which lecturers and tutors are always on hand to guide the students through their studies.
Mae gan bob un o ddarlithwyr yr Adran Ieithoedd Modern gymwysterau hyd at safon PhD ac maent yn gwneud gwaith ymchwil. Rydym hefyd yn cyflogi tiwtoriaid iaith, rhai ohonynt â gradd PhD, a phob un yn addysgwyr profiadol. O bryd i'w gilydd, cyflogwn siaradwyr brodorol o brifysgolion sy'n bartneriaid i ni dramor (lectoriaid), sy'n dod atom â chymeradwyaeth uchel ar sail eu llwyddiant academaidd yn eu prifysgolion eu hunain, ac mae sawl un ohonynt wedi hyfforddi fel addysgwyr.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
In a competitive world, where expectations from the open market are swiftly increasing, to study the third most spoken language in the world will put you in an advantageous position. In addition, Spanish students will study Brazilian-Portuguese to enhance their employment opportunities. Your 3rd year will be spent abroad either studying at a partner university or working. A recent Erasmus Impact survey showed that 64% of employers considered international experience important for recruitment and that studying or working abroad will increase your chances of finding employment by up to 41% compared to students who do not study or work abroad.
Graduates from the Department of Modern Languages have pursued careers in:
• Translation and Interpretation
• Broadcasting • Education
• Human Resources
• Website development
• International Banking
• Civil Service
Addysg a Dysgu
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the four year degree scheme.
What will I learn?
During your four years, you will have four weekly hours of language work, which includes:
In addition you will be provided with all the tools necessary to continue your learning outside the classroom. The department has a wide selection of materials available through the interactive student learning system (BlackBoard) through which students can access up-to-date learning resources wherever they are at any time. A wide range of expertise is available within our Department and this is reflected in the module choices that we have on offer.
On this course you can choose to study:
- Spanish Literature
- Spanish Film
- Latin American Film
- Cuba and the Cuban Revolution
- Spanish for Business
- Contemporary Spain
How will I be taught?
Our students are taught through the medium of lectures, seminars and language workshops using our state of the art language laboratories. Most of our courses are the medium of the target language (both language and content).
We assess our students in a variety of ways depending on the modules, usually through a combination of coursework and exams.
Your progress will be continuously developed through tutorial consultations and through the Personal Development and Employment Portfolios that you will produce during your studies.
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBC with C in Spanish unless to be studied as a beginner
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
DMM with specified subject
28 points overall with 5 points in Spanish at Higher Level unless to be studied as a beginner
68% with 70% in Spanish unless to be studied as a beginner
Mae'r Brifysgol yn gweithredu polisi derbyn cynhwysol a gall ein cynigion amrywio. Edrychwch ar ein tudalennau gwlad-benodol i gael manylion am y cymwysterau rhyngwladol yr ydym yn eu derbyn. I gael rhagor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag email@example.com