Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
Hyd y Cwrs
The BSc Tourism Management degree combines the in-depth study of domestic and international tourism sector with the development of core business skills to equip you for the dynamic and exciting industry. As a popular tourist destination itself, Aberystwyth offers an invaluable opportunity to study seaside and rural tourism, first-hand, and within the wider national and international context.
Bodlonrwydd Myfyrwyr Cyffredinol a Chanlyniadau Cyflogadwyedd
Ymhlith y 10 uchaf yn y DU am Ansawdd y Dysgu ym maes Astudiaethau Rheolaeth a Busnes (Canllaw Prifysgolion Da y 'Times' a'r 'Sunday Times' 2019).
Yr Ysgol Fusnes Aberystwyth: 91% boddhad myfyrwyr (ACF 2018)
97% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 3% yn uwch na graddedigion Astudiaethau Busnes a Gweinyddu yn genedlaethol. (HESA 2018*)
Why study Tourism Management at Aberystwyth?
- This degree is engineered for those wanting a career in tourism - the world’s biggest industry.
- See your skills which include communication, time management, objective management improve with us.
- Take part in three day tours of a UK destination and a week-long tour to an overseas tourism destination when you study with us.
- Taught by enthusiastic staff who are experts in the tourism sector.
- Receive expert advice by visiting speakers who are prominent in the industry who bring their professional experience to the classroom.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
|Teitl y Modiwl||Cod y Modiwl||Gwerth Credyd|
|Data Performance And Analysis||AB15220||20|
|Fundamentals Of Accounting And Finance||AB11120||20|
|Fundamentals Of Management And Business *||AB15120||20|
|Marketing Principles And Contemporary Practice||AB17120||20|
|Principles Of Tourism Management||AB19120||20|
|Understanding The Economy||AB13120||20|
What career prospects are there for you when you graduate?
Employability is embedded across our teaching. Our graduates have been successful in seeking employment in the following:
- Marketing Executive;
- Travel Agency Manager;
- Tourist Information Centre Manager;
- Tour Manager;
- Tourism officer;
- Event Organisation;
- Hotel Manager;
- Customer Service Sector;
- Outdoor Pursuits Manager.
What skills will I acquire from this degree?
Studying for a degree in Tourism Management will equip you with a range of transferable skills which are highly valued by employers. These include:
- Ability to research, interpret and analyse business and financial data;
- Ability to express ideas and communicate information in a clear and structured manner, in both written and oral form;
- Effective problem-solving;
- Analytical and creative thinking skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Time-management and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines;
- Self-motivation and self-reliance;
- Team-working, with the ability to discuss concepts in groups, accommodating different ideas and reaching agreement.
What work experience opportunities exist whilst studying?
Discover more about the various employment opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer.
Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three year degree scheme.
In your first year you will explore:
- Tourism principles;
- Tourism system;
- Marketing principles;
- The business environment and management;
- And acquire basic communication skills in either French or Spanish.
In your second year you will investigate:
- Adventure Tourism and outdoor recreation;
- Destination and attraction management;
- International Tourism.
In your third year you will discover:
- Sustainable tourism;
- Tourism marketing;
- Development and planning;
- Your independent research project.
How will I be taught?
We deliver our courses in the medium of lectures, seminars and tutorials.
You will be assessed through essays, business plans, reports, reflective journals, projects, presentations and examinations.
We will assign you a personal tutor who will be with you throughout your degree, this person will help you any problems whether these are academic-related or personal issues.
You will be assigned a personal tutor throughout your degree course, who will help you with any problems or queries, whether these are academic-related or personal issues. You should feel free to contact them at any time for help and advice.
You will also have the opportunity to complete a Personal Development Plan (PDP) at Aberystwyth. This is a structured process of self-appraisal, reflection, and planning, which will enable you to chart your personal, academic and professional development throughout your time at university. By recording your academic performance, and highlighting the skills you already have and those you will need for future employability, the PDP portfolio will equip you with the necessary tools to plan effectively, develop successful approaches to study, and consider your future career options and aspirations.
Barn ein Myfyrwyr
Aberystwyth is the perfect place to study tourism, as it is a popular tourism destination. I especially like the size of the course: in our year we are a group of around 25 students which enables us to go on many field trips and study tours. The lecturers are experienced and very helpful and over the past three years we've got to know them very well. The course structure is flexible so you can concentrate on areas that you enjoy! Katja Christiane Poguntke
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBC
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
28 points overall
Mae'r Brifysgol yn gweithredu polisi derbyn cynhwysol a gall ein cynigion amrywio. Edrychwch ar ein tudalennau gwlad-benodol i gael manylion am y cymwysterau rhyngwladol yr ydym yn eu derbyn. I gael rhagor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag email@example.com