Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
BCC with evidence of linguistic ability
Hyd y Cwrs
Gwybodaeth ar gyfer mynediad ym mis Medi 2017 sydd ar y dudalen hon. I weld gwybodaeth am 2018, gan gynnwys y graddau gofynnol, edrychwch yn ein prosbectws.
If you're a beginner in the Welsh language and would like to become fluent as a speaker, reader and writer of Welsh, then this four year BA in Welsh at Aberystwyth University is for you. This degree is engineered around you. Your first year will involve intense language classes which will include listening, reading, writing and oral. After your second year, you will be able to progress and be part of the an active community of students and researchers who share one vision: to promote a wider understanding of the Welsh language and other Celtic languages, their history, their literature and their place in the modern World. The breadth of experience and expertise of our staff means that we can offer a wide range of engaging courses that will also prepare you for a rewarding career. You will be taught in small friendly groups by experts in their field.
Adran y Gymraeg ac Astudiaethau Celtaidd: 100% boddhad myfyrwyr (ACF 2017)
100% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 7% yn uwch na graddedigion Ieithoedd yn genedlaethol. (DLHE 2017)
- Addysg a Dysgu
Why study Welsh in Aberystwyth?
- You will be studying in one of the oldest Welsh departments in Wales and the UK.
- A degree in Welsh will open many doors to exciting opportunities for you.
- In the recent student satisfaction survey, 100% of our students were satisfied with their course (NSS, 2016).
- Flourish with our vibrant, exciting Welsh community here at Aberystwyth. Not only do we have a Students Union, but UMCA (Undeb Myfyrwr Cymraeg Aberystwyth) host many events and societies for those who wish to part of the welsh community.
- The National Library of Wales is a stone throw away from our Penglais Campus. It is one of a kind in Wales, allowing students unlimited access to its rare collection of literature.
- Within the department of Welsh and Celtic studies, you will have large options of stimulating modules to choose from such as creative writing, professional welsh, translation, Welsh in the media, Welsh Literature, Folk Welsh and many more.
- Students can explore studying in another country under the Erasmus + or the International Exchange programme.
Mae holl staff academaidd Adran y Gymraeg ac Astudiaethau Celtaidd yn ysgolheigion sy'n gwneud gwaith ymchwil ac yn arbenigwyr yn eu dewis feysydd astudio, gan gynnwys astudiaethau iaith a llenyddiaeth yn ogystal ag ysgrifennu creadigol.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
- Trafod y Byd Cyfoes trwy'r Gymraeg i
- Trafod y Byd Cyfoes trwy'r Gymraeg ii
- Cwrs Cymraeg Llafar
- Cymraeg Ysgrifenedig 1
- Llenyddiaeth o 1900 hyd Heddiw
- Braslun o Hanes ein Llên
- Cymraeg Ysgrifenedig 2
Employers consistently tell us that a degree in Welsh from Aberystwyth is a sign of high-level achievement, and evidence shows that there is an impressive demand for our graduates in a range of professions.
In the 2015 DHLE report, 100% of our graduates were in employment or further education six months after graduating.
Our graduates are employed across the private and public sectors in areas such as:
- The media and publishing
- Social Work
- The Police
The Welsh-Language legislation and the establishment of a Welsh Parliament have led to a growing demand for civil servants with a good grasp of the language.
Studying for as degree in Welsh will provide you with a wealth of transferable skills which are particularly valued by employer. These include:
- research and data analysis
- creative and effective problem solving
- the ability to work independently
- time management, including the ability to meet tight deadlines
- the ability to articulate and convey information clearly and concisely orally and on paper
- self-motivation and self-reliance
- the ability to work in a team, discuss concepts in groups and reach compromises
- IT skills
What work experience opportunities exist whilst studying?
Click here to find out about the various opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer.
Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
Below is an example of what you may learn during your three year degree programme.
In your first year, you may:
- commence our intense language modules which will include: speaking, reading and writing
- An introduction to Welsh Literature (with some works read in translation)
In your second and third year:
- You will concentrate on improving your written Welsh.
- You will join other students in the department for a thorough grounding in literature.
- You will discover Welsh Culture, social history and its institutions.
- By your third year, you will be studying alongside first language students and will be equipped to follow the full Honours course.
How will you be taught?
Teaching in the Welsh Department happens through a combination of lectures, seminars and individual tutorials. The atmosphere in seminars is more informal, in order to foster open discussion. Students’ work is assessed through exams, continuous assessment and through marks awarded for essays and exercises.
You will be assigned a personal tutor for the duration of your degree course, who can help you with any academic or personal issues. You are welcome to contact your personal tutor at any time if you need assistance.
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BCC with evidence of linguistic ability
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
MMM-DMM with evidence of linguistic ability
26 points overall with evidence of linguistic ability
65% overall with evidence of linguistic ability
Ystyrir ymgeiswyr yn ôl eu rhinweddau unigol a gall y cynigion amrywio. Am ragor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag: firstname.lastname@example.org