Cynnig lefel-A nodweddiadol
BBC-BBB with B in Biology or Human Biology
Hyd y Cwrs
Gwybodaeth ar gyfer mynediad ym mis Medi 2017 sydd ar y dudalen hon. I weld gwybodaeth am 2018, gan gynnwys y graddau gofynnol, edrychwch yn ein prosbectws.
In an era of unprecedented global change, the need to conserve biodiversity has come to the forefront of both research and policy. Global biodiversity is facing a range of emerging threats, including climate change, habitat loss and fragmentation, and the introduction of invasive species. If you are interested in taking a holistic approach that covers all aspects of wildlife conservation and at the same time exploring background scientific knowledge and ecological concepts applied to the conservation of endangered flora, fauna and habitats then this is the course for you.
Athrofa Gwyddorau Biolegol, Amgylcheddol a Gwledig (IBERS): 91% boddhad myfyrwyr (ACF 2017)
97% o’n graddedigion mewn gwaith a/neu astudiaethau pellach o fewn chwe mis ar ôl graddio, 3% yn uwch na graddedigion y Gwyddorau Biolegol yn genedlaethol, (DLHE 2017)
- Addysg a Dysgu
Why study Wildlife Conservation at Aberystwyth University?
- You will study in the University that is in the top 4 in the UK and 1st in Wales for student satisfaction (NSS, 2016).
- Our research is ranked in the top 10 in the UK and 78% of it is assessed as world-leading or internationally excellent (REF, 2014)
- This course will allow you to explore the political, financial, and social forces that underlie wildlife conservation and environmental management.
- You will be taught by academics who work closely with conservation bodies to inform and advise best-practice conservation, management and policy. They also carry out practical work in the landscape around Aberystwyth.
- As student you will enjoy the unrivalled wildlife and countryside: Aberystwyth is a stone’s throw away from many internationally recognised habitats, including UNESCO Dyfi Biosphere, two RAMSAR wetlands, two marine special areas of conservation, two National Nature reserves, several sites of special scientific interests to name but a few, providing you with fabulous fieldwork and recreational opportunities.
- Students who are interested in undertaking a year industry will be interested in our sister course BSc Wildlife Conservation with integrated year in industry. The syllabus is identical to this course, however you will have a year where you will experience a work placement in a industry relative to this course.
Mae gan y rhan fwyaf o staff dysgu Athrofa'r Gwyddorau Biolegol, Amgylcheddol a Gwledig gymwysterau hyd at safon PhD ac maent yn ymchwilwyr gweithgar. Hefyd, mae gan staff y cyrsiau galwedigaethol gefndir ym myd diwydiant. Mae yn yr Athrofa nifer fawr o staff sy'n gwneud ymchwil yn unig ac mae'n bosib y bydd y myfyrwyr yn dod i gysylltiad â hwy.
Noder: Y modiwlau a restrir isod yw'r modiwlau y bwriedir eu cyflwyno ar hyn o bryd yn ystod y flwyddyn academaidd nesaf ac mae'n bosibl y gallant newid. Maent wedi'u cynnwys yma i roi syniad o strwythur y cwrs.
Fe'i cyflwynir yn rhannol neu'n gyflawn drwy gyfrwng yn Saesneg
Graduates on this course benefit from both the scientific and policy aspects that underlie wildlife conservation.
Students on this course could enter several organisations involved in conservation biology or general environmental management, such as:
- Natural Resources Wales
- Wildlife Trusts
- The Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
- National Trust
- The Environment Agency
- Local authority departments
- This course also permits students to undertake further research studying on any of our MSc, PhD and PGCE courses.
The University has an excellent Careers Advisory Service and we have our own dedicated, professional Careers Advisor. We also have a member of staff who is Director of Employability for IBERS and we are constantly striving to embed and enhance the delivery of real-world skills into every module we offer.
What skill will I develop from studying Wildlife Conservation?
Employability is embedded in our teaching. Our students leave Aberystwyth University with the skills including;
• research and data analysis skills
• enhanced mathematical and computational skills
• effective problem-solving and creative thinking skills
• a thorough grounding in information technology skills
• the ability to work independently
• time-management and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines
• the ability to express ideas and communicate information in a clear and structured manner, in both written and oral form
• self-motivation and self-reliance
• team-working, with the ability to discuss concepts in groups, accommodating different ideas and reaching agreement
What work experience opportunities exist whilst studying?
Click here to find out about the various opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer.
Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department.
Addysg a Dysgu
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three year degree scheme.
In the first year, you may:
- Gain a broad knowledge of the key underlying concepts relevant to conservation biology which includes;
- Evolution and diversity of organisms;
- Habitats and ecosystems.
In the second year, you may be introduced to:
- Aspects of wildlife conservation, which include:
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS);
- Relevant policy;
- Statistical analyses and experimental design;
- Aquatic systems;
- Animal behaviour;
- Policy and Management based aspects of conservation.
In your final year you could:
- Address conservation at both local and global scales.
- You will be required to undertake and finish a dissertation through independent programme of research under the guidance of a supervisor.
How will I be taught?
Students will be taught in the format of lectures and seminars. The course will include tutorials, case studies, laboratory practicals and fieldwork for research purposes.
You will be assessed through course work, exams and presentations.
Gofynion Mynediad Nodweddiadol
Lefel A BBC-BBB with B in Biology or Human Biology
Gofynion TGAU (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics and a Science subject
Diploma Cenedlaethol BTEC:
30 points overall with 5 points in Biology at Higher Level
65-70% overall with 75% in specified subject
Ystyrir ymgeiswyr yn ôl eu rhinweddau unigol a gall y cynigion amrywio. Am ragor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch ag: email@example.com